Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Seb
Seb
600 posts

Re: Love It Out Loud
Apr 02, 2009, 15:35
HI DEN wrote:
Must get Creatures Of The Night too, if just because of that 'song'

Don't, it's awful, and features the worst power ballad OF ALL TIME, in I Still Love You.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: AOTM
Apr 02, 2009, 15:36
Indeed!

I think his civvies image is as contrived as The Demon thing and I don't care either way. I get far more irked by squillionaire rockstars telling me to eat lentils forever and donate money I don't have to causes they could probably alleviate with one royalty check.

And you know, Rotten and Iggy coining it with ads is like "OK", funny even....cos we LIKE them. Gene Simmons being brutally honest about his intentions to be minted is not good and proper though. Tis all bollicks to me.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Apr 02, 2009, 15:37
Yeah but the drum sound is face splintering. Have to say I really like the title track too. And the original 'Creatures' sleeve is mega.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: Sorry, cHARLIE but I was a kid in the 1970s...
Apr 02, 2009, 15:40
Achhh fer fecks sake ...I JUST THINK KISS ARE CRAP! AND NOT WORTHY OF JULIAN'S PEN. THEY ARE NOT UNSUnG.

I prefer it when Julian writes about interesting unsung artists ...
..not crappy Kiss.
Thats all ... Jeez.
What is this the HH Gestapo or soMETHINg? I am not personally attacking Julian... calm down Girls and boys, tiz just a debate not hate.

(((gone FishIng again )))
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: Sorry, cHARLIE I was a kid in the 70's
Apr 02, 2009, 15:42
Sure... whats wrong with a *unsung* rock triP?
kISS ARE NOT UNSUNg.
I like Unsung rock not Kiss.

(((charLie)))
Seb
Seb
600 posts

Apr 02, 2009, 15:42
Eric Carr is the worst drummer of all time. I agree his drums on this record sound Forthright, but as for his playing - it takes the word 'lumpen' to a whole new quarry.

The title track is good though, you're right.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Sorry, cHARLIE but I was a kid in the 1970s...
Apr 02, 2009, 15:46
Aww don't get huffular ChARLIE. And anyhoo, who should be getting defensive here anyway? Please note that this thread was started and added to by people that have got a bee in their bonnet cos Cope has said he likes a few KISS songs. So what, just cos he's deivated from the realms of obsurity blanket approval for AOTM? The world is still turning.

What next? People having a pop cos someone's mentioned something they don't like in Soundtracks of Our Lives?

No one's lives are going to be unutterably ruined by Julian's album of the month this month.
keith a
9573 posts

Apr 02, 2009, 15:49
Vybik Jon wrote:
keith a wrote:
Empty, redundant, worthless, facile

That's potentially true of any rock 'n' roll.

No, I don't agree with that comment that at all, Vybik.

I can't be arsed getting into a Bolan debate on a Kiss thread though. And if you slag him off again I'll feel the urge to remind you of that Liverpool / Aston Villa result again!

So ner!

; )
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Apr 02, 2009, 15:50
Aww I have a soft spot for old Eric C. I liked his foxy face (2nd version was best) and you don't have to be Neil Peart for Kiss really.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Apr 02, 2009, 15:52
I think that largely typifies what I've ever had put my way about Bolan. I'm not saying this is preceisely what you mean, but I'm always left with the impression that I must be a bit lacking for not getting him.

I'm off to start a new thread entitled 'Bolan' so you can tell me why he's so great.
Pages: 18 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index