AOTM

Pages: 18 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Apr 02, 2009, 16:14
Re: Sorry, cHARLIE I was a kid in the 70's
Apr 02, 2009, 16:14
Handy at Christmas, or since Gene aquired the rights to it, KISSmass. He can do sheets of stamps at a time.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Edited Apr 02, 2009, 16:14
Re: AOTM
Apr 02, 2009, 16:14
keith a wrote:
I don't need to tell you why he's great.

I think he is. You don't.

That's your loss, Vybik.

Thanks for making a effort, keith.

keith a wrote:
I'm off to start a thread Champions League where you can explain why you're not gonna qualify after all.

Villa might not qualify because we're in year three of a major rebuilding programme and haven't had the benefit of obscene amounts of money for years like Liverpool have. However, Villa may still qualify.

If Villa do qualify and it's the start of regular participation, I'm sure (sadly) Villa will become a swollen, arrogant, holier-than-thou team like Liverpool.

At least we have one thing in common, neither of our teams have won the Premier League and that's not likely to change in the immediate future.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: Sorry, cHARLIE but I was a kid in the 1970s...
Apr 02, 2009, 16:16
Moon Cat wrote:
Aww don't get huffular ChARLIE. And anyhoo, who should be getting defensive here anyway? Please note that this thread was started and added to by people that have got a bee in their bonnet cos Cope has said he likes a few KISS songs. So what, just cos he's deivated from the realms of obsurity blanket approval for AOTM? The world is still turning.

What next? People having a pop cos someone's mentioned something they don't like in Soundtracks of Our Lives?

No one's lives are going to be unutterably ruined by Julian's album of the month this month.

Absolutely I agree... but surely I should be allowed to say I don't like a band and express my view? World still turns with or without Julian and me for that matter.
8)
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: All I was saying was:
Apr 02, 2009, 16:17
yup. as I said elsewhere (sort of), even if you don't agree with Julian's taste, you can still enjoy his reviews for their pure entertainment value.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Apr 02, 2009, 16:23
Apr 02, 2009, 16:21
No, you can't. Just shurrup and be demolished by KISStory in the making.

*^)

Hee!

Agreed agreed. But I can't believe people get so WAUUUUUAGH when Cope moves out of a certain album reviewing comfort zone. It's like 'how dare he?" Well, why not I say?

ps No KISS no Love, Peace & Fuck Brain Donor and that's a fact Ma'am.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Apr 02, 2009, 16:22
I'm going to mention jazz in the next football thread 8^p
keith a
9574 posts

Apr 02, 2009, 16:25
Vybik Jon wrote:
keith a wrote:
I don't need to tell you why he's great.

I think he is. You don't.

That's your loss, Vybik.

Thanks for making a effort, keith.

OK.

I love the swagger, the confidence bordering on arrogance, the sexuality, the nonsensical rhymes, the strangulated guitars, the warble, Steve Currie's unsung basslines, the beat that underpins what I consider is the finest rhythm guitar playing on record, Tony Visconti's production, the beauty of TV's string arrangements, the way that the spontaneity is rarely lost in the mix.

My team won't even win the Conference let alone the Premiership.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Please don't remind me of football - I'm in pain!
keith a
9574 posts

Re: Sorry, cHARLIE I was a kid in the 70's
I'd like him to clean my kitchen floor.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Seb wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:

Achhh fer fecks sake ...I JUST THINK KISS ARE CRAP! AND NOT WORTHY OF JULIAN'S PEN. THEY ARE NOT UNSUnG.

I prefer it when Julian writes about interesting unsung artists ...
..not crappy Kiss.
Thats all ... Jeez.
What is this the HH Gestapo or soMETHINg? I am not personally attacking Julian... calm down Girls and boys, tiz just a debate not hate.

(((gone FishIng again )))

Chaz, I'm not sure who you're shouting at here, dude!

But please feel completely free to shout at me if you'd like to.

Shout it out loud.

Achh ... I'm not shouting ... just killing time with an old man's rant.
(((Peace up)))
Pages: 18 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index