Register
Unsung Forum »
AOTM

Pages: 18 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: Sorry, cHARLIE but I was a kid in the 1970s...
Apr 02, 2009, 15:52
Funny thing, this. I don't quite understand how this has all got so heated. I quite like Kiss, but I can see cHaRlie's point in a way. Neither "side" here has been all that contentious either. I guess this is one of those online forum things, where a debate gets a bit woooo and stuff.

On a different note...after your convincing argument that it is better to like Kiss than Jackson "Gordon" Browne, can you come up with a similar reason for liking Van Halen? hehehehe!

*runs away
keith a
9574 posts

Re: AOTM
Apr 02, 2009, 15:53
Moon Cat wrote:

I know you've had your tongue surgically enhanced for full sticky outy lickage.

Bugger. My secret's out.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Apr 02, 2009, 15:56
It was never a secret Keith tee hee.
Seb
Seb
600 posts

Apr 02, 2009, 15:57
cHARLIE wrote:

Achhh fer fecks sake ...I JUST THINK KISS ARE CRAP! AND NOT WORTHY OF JULIAN'S PEN. THEY ARE NOT UNSUnG.

I prefer it when Julian writes about interesting unsung artists ...
..not crappy Kiss.
Thats all ... Jeez.
What is this the HH Gestapo or soMETHINg? I am not personally attacking Julian... calm down Girls and boys, tiz just a debate not hate.

(((gone FishIng again )))

Chaz, I'm not sure who you're shouting at here, dude!

But please feel completely free to shout at me if you'd like to.

Shout it out loud.
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Apr 02, 2009, 15:59
I still think that kiss are unsung, because even a lot of metal heads just don't go there, for reasons other than their music, i think their image and persona go before them and clearly put a lot of people off. I know a LOT of people who are into metal and i don't know many who like kiss, the ones that do are usually a lot of fun. There are many metal bands out there that joe public music fan could name maybe one or two songs even if they dont like em but kiss dont have that reputation, certainly not in the UK, they are just those idiots with stupid make-up and buckets of blood. They are horrendously famous over here but not for their music, that i still think makes them unsung. Maybe its because i am younger, and i wasnt there, but i've come across a lot of rock and never ever ever heard kiss exept god gave rock n roll to ya and crazy nights!!! untill maybe 5 years ago or something. One thing i do know though though is that this afternoon me and my baby who is now 15 months have been listening to kiss, and he was rockin, if a baby can find the groove then it must be pure rock, it must be uncomplicated, personally i find them increadibly easy to like and maybe thats why, i quite like the blood and guts too but i could take or leave it,

When i said lowly, i really didn't mean that to sound derogatory (i can see that one hit a nerve) maybe it was a bad choice of word, i think he would be the first to agree that neither fame nor money are the necessarily the forbearer's of decent music, that was what i was trying to say. We all got to start somewhere and sometimes thats where people stay regardless of quality and i encourage anyones creativity.

I don't like everything he promotes either, i really cant go with anything with trolls singing on it, that really gloomy doom does nothing for me, sometimes he does get it wrong but not this time for me.

P.s i like you really charlie xx
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Apr 02, 2009, 16:01
I used to like you but you slagged off stuff with Trolls singing on it. boo hoo!

;^)
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Apr 02, 2009, 16:02
Well said that Ahab!

I likes a bit of troll-ridden doomy gloomy meself though :-)
keith a
9574 posts

Apr 02, 2009, 16:03
I don't need to tell you why he's great.

I think he is. You don't.

That's your loss, Vybik.

I'm off to start a thread Champions League where you can explain why you're not gonna qualify after all.

Pulls out surgically enhamced tongue!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Apr 02, 2009, 16:03
----------------------------------------------
Squid Tempest wrote:
Funny thing, this. I don't quite understand how this has all got so heated. I quite like Kiss, but I can see cHaRlie's point in a way. Neither "side" here has been all that contentious either. I guess this is one of those online forum things, where a debate gets a bit woooo and stuff.

On a different note...after your convincing argument that it is better to like Kiss than Jackson "Gordon" Browne, can you come up with a similar reason for liking Van Halen? hehehehe!

*runs away

Ok, similar scenario but this time it's James Taylor singing about how ladies think he's rubbish OR Dave Lee Roth in silly furry boots doing the splits and shrieking like an ADHD gibbon whilst Eddie Van Halen makes insane widdly noises on a song called "Atomic Punk", it's your night out so choose.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Apr 02, 2009, 16:04
keith a wrote:
Pulls out surgically enhamced tongue!

Euuuww. Put it back!
Pages: 18 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index