6664 posts

Re: Your albums of the year
Dec 28, 2008, 12:38
Popel Vooje wrote:
BLACK MOUNTAIN - In The Future
HOT CHIP - Made in the Dark
FUCK BUTTONS - Street Horrssing
PORTISHEAD - Third

need to check these out still. Should be able to find cheap copies in sales right now.
Popel Vooje wrote:

THE BLACK ANGELS - Directions to See a Ghost

was looking for this yesterday when I found Fleet Foxes for a £5. Got that on now. Wish i'd've had time to see band and talk to you at separate times. Were very cool(need better descriptive, can't use nice, funky? after watching singers breakdancing skills?) people anyway.
THere is a dutch gig up on Dime right now from this tour, so hopefully somebody else on here can grab it. I can't work out how to operate system from a remote point.(think it might be possible for me to activate torrent from elsewhere and send to home computer but not savvy enough with tec to know excactly how)

Popel Vooje wrote:

HAIR POLICE - A Certainty of Swarms (Perfect for emptying a party at the end of the night)

Wire review had me wanting to get this immediately, but I didn't, still need to sort out Will hit Rough Trade at least once more this trip though.
Last trip did get me to buy the 2 Loop reissues so I could get Neil to sign, then discovered he wasn't on Heaven's End. Might not have bought Fade Out otherwise and glad I did.

Popel Vooje wrote:

A PLACE TO BURY STRANGERS - s/t (I know the original version came out last year, but this one has five new tracks so it qualifies as a new release in my book)

was given this last night and have only heard first song. But that was great, & had me thinking better buy this since its turning on so many HHers. Then was given copy played so smiles all round.
Another of those too Gothic Names for great bands though, which is almost a tradition in itself. Bark Psychosis, Live Skull etc.

Popel Vooje wrote:

SCHOOL OF SEVEN BELLS - Alpinisms

don't know this
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index