Your albums of the year

94 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Dec 10, 2008, 14:48
Re: Your albums of the year
Dec 10, 2008, 14:24
Erm... some of these are not necessarily albums that came out this year but ones I got and subsequently played a lot this year if thou seest...

In no particular order of splenditude -

Julian Cope - Black Sheep (some of you might have this too)

Blood Ceremony - S/T. Jethro Sabbath meets Black Tull and it's great.

Benga - Diary of An Afro Warrior. Really got into this recently purchased dubstep epic album. Heavy beats and bowel troubling bass mix with acid minimalism.

Serpent Cult - The Weight of Light. Female fronted heavy-as-fuck doom. Nice!

Whitesnake - Good to be Bad. Amazingly, David Coverdale and crew made a fantastic rock album in 2008. Blimey!

Robyn - Robyn. Just the most brilliantly sassy, 'tude heavy pop album ever.

Wayne Shorter - JuJu. Exemplary back-in-the-day jazzment!

Opeth - Watershed. Much loved in the Catpod death/prog/metal titans always deliver.

Ansur - The Warring Factions. Norweigian prog-metallers take a quantum leap with album 2.

Pop Levi - Never Never Love. Levi channels glam, Prince, rock and electro influences into great pop album.

Holy Fuck - Holy Fuck. Holy Fuck!!

Goldfrapp - 7th Tree. Pastoral Kate Bushular tunes abound.

Martriden - The Unsettling Dark. Excellent US black/prog metal album.

Herbie Hancock - Inventions & Dimensions. Percussive early album from the uberdude.

KISS - Alive 35. Excellent thru-the-soundesk document of Keith's fave band on their 2008 Euro Tour. You can feel the heat of the flashbombs go off.

That's all I can remember of the top off me noggin. Heard some great stuff this year and lond may it continue.

HAIL \m/ !!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index