Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Your albums of the year
Dec 14, 2008, 09:51
magiceye wrote:
New Albums by:

Fleet Foxes

they did a Rockpalast in November that's up on Dime &is bloody great.
I got the Sun Giant e.p. to check them out and haven't listened to it much, did add Mykonos to the walkman(where it's now vying for space with 4000 minutes of tracks). & haven't bought the lp as yet. Might well do now I've seen the Rockpalast though

magiceye wrote:

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Dig...

one of the few lps from this year that I did buy immediately. He's really on form. Some of this is pretty much mod (in old form) music but with way more literate lyrics. & retellings of Greek legends that reviews seem to miss, I mean it is obvious isn't it? News From Nowhere = Ulysses story?

magiceye wrote:

Gutter Twins - Saturnalia

the live material I've heard has been great. I think they did a good Later too didn't they? & I love Lanegan anyway, don't really know Dulli.

magiceye wrote:

Portishead - Third
Holy Fuck - LP
Tricky - Knowle West Boy
Neil Young (the Sugar Mountain archive recording, yeah OK not really new as such)
Earth - Bees

need to get all those but Holy Fuck (which I think i got last year). Picked up live material by all of them that's been good. I'd look around for Portishead in Portishead if you haven't seen it live thing from Channel 4.
been getting loads of Neil Young , plus Buffalo Springfield's live archive was raided pretty successfully on a couple of sites this year. Had been waiting to hear their live stuff fior years.
Earth have had quite a bit of their live stuff from this country/spaghetti western whatever era upped over the last year too.
Stevo
Np Black Flag 14/1/83 Torrance dvd the 5 piece band getting heavy.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index