Unsung Forum »
the first album you really loved in your life

75 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Re: the first album you really loved in your life
Apr 10, 2007, 14:59
I just have a bit of a problem with concessions being made and 'dumbing down' generally, I'm afraid. I sometimes have to deal with this sort of thing professionally - as does my wife (who's working on a huge project for a major American client, who I can't name here). It's not the fault of those lowest-common-denominators, the guineapig audiences - it's the greed-heads at the top of the production companies out to milk maximum loot being steered by distributors making them stick in happy endings and rounding things off to satisfy those not happy to have to work things out for themselves. There's usually a merchandising angle in there somewhere, too.

As a result we get told about those marvelous American code-breakers in 'Enigma' and such like.

And being a rather anal birdwatcher, from a very early age, I was astounded and rather offended at the sight of an American robin twittering on Julie Andrews finger in Mary Poppins! - I was only eight years old, btw. Everything else was British - so why couldn't the robin be?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index