Soundtrack to our lives w/e 20/03/05ce

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Gnomon
Gnomon
1121 posts

Re: Lodger
Mar 21, 2005, 23:19
I agree, it's a damn fine piece of vinyl, m'lud. 'Red Money' is the only duff track on it.
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Mar 21, 2005, 23:49
'Move On' - is 'All The young Dudes' played backwards- learnt by the Belew et al....apparently

I agree.....Great Album!

Didn't Bowie himself think it was one of his best ?
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: Outside
Mar 22, 2005, 00:57
I've got a lot of time for Earthling, and get really annoyed when people reckon he jumped on the drum and bass bandwagon. There is so much going on in this record, and it is far more arty than a straight forward drum and bass album
Lascivia
Lascivia
422 posts

Re: Soundtrack to our lives w/e 20/03/05
Mar 22, 2005, 02:12
Neu! - Neu! [1972]
- Neu! 2 [1973]
Ash Ra Tempel - s/t [1971]
Kollektiv - SWF Sessions [1973]
Harmonia - Musik von [1973]
Banco del Mutuo Soccorso - Darwin! [1972]
Bubu - Anabelas [1978] (GREAT ALBUM)
My Bloody Valentine - You Made Me Realise [1988]
- Feed Me With Your Kiss [1988]

I think those are all of the whole albums/EPs to which I listened.
vince
vince
1628 posts

Re: Soundtrack to our lives w/e 20/03/05ce
Mar 22, 2005, 02:30
It really benefits from giving it 100% full attention - headphones, darkened room, etc - just once a year. A sublime indulgence
keith a
9573 posts

Mar 22, 2005, 16:24
I think so.

Haven't heard it in a long time, but I liked it a lot, too. Some great songs - what about Yassassin? Mental track!
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Soundtrack to our lives w/e 20/03/05
Mar 22, 2005, 16:28
Saw Bowie on the Outside, tour (my only time actually). Obviously I wished I'd seen him in the 70's and nearly passed this by as I thought cos I hadn't seen him at his peak, maybe I should never see him. Thank god I did. What a performer. What charisma. And the version of Hallo Spaceboy that closed the gig IIRC was amazing.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Mar 22, 2005, 17:16
Hello people

Franz Ferdinand - FF. I like this a lot. Bouncy, twangy fun for all.

Muse - Absolution. OTT histrionic sonics. Like the scale and noise.

Basement Jaxx - Kish Kash. Possibly my fave album of theirs but seems unloved by their fans. Waitaminit - I'm a fan and I love it. How confusing!

Darkthrone - A Blaze In A Northern Sky. Tinny black metal worming into my head like a plague. Grrr and Jings!

Opeth - Still LIfe. Still digging this chunky slice of Scando prog/death metal

Julian Cope - Citizen C'ainnd. Becoming my chum fast.

King Crimson - Starless And Bible Black. V Fine mid period frippery

King Crimson - Beat/ Three of a Perfect Pair. Enjoyable last two bits of the KC do Talking Heads A Bit Trilogy. Appreciated 3 of a PPair more this time round - always found it a bit of an also ran compared to Beat and the mighty Discipline but it kind of sat well with me.

Spaztek Kumrag - Corpse Paint Is Kiss Make Up For People That Can't Stay Inside The Lines.

Justice - The Greatest Hit. Techy sounding drum n bass.

The CHemical Bros - Push the Button. Made up for missing gig due to illness byplaying album, charging myself £3 for a can of beer, stamping on my own feet, loudly telling myself that "They're not as good as when I saw 'em in '94" like an annoying random whilst trying to enjoy the music, queing for a piss in my bog and trying to neck acid in the bog without me seeing. bah!

Have a nice week sentient globules
BUBBLEHEAD
BUBBLEHEAD
982 posts

Mar 22, 2005, 19:19
Will be checking out for sure, bass player Malka Spigel is fantastic.
Also played 'IBTABA' ( doesn't look right ? ) this morning for the first time in ages. Great stuff as well esp 'Eardrum Buzz '
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Wire
Mar 22, 2005, 19:23
I played the Peel Sessions cd last night for the first time in ages, possibly triggered by reading that Mojo Punk special thing.
Then played Raincoats Odyshape again for the first time in ages, sometimes I wonder if I've got too many cds. Then I simply have to tell myself, how could that be, I want more. There are still things that I haven't heard.
Omi
Stevo
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index