Unsung Forum »
Soundtrack to our lives w/e 20/03/05ce

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Soundtrack to our lives w/e 20/03/05ce
Mar 21, 2005, 01:39
No need. I didn't say I hadn't been wearing me boa ; )
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Mar 21, 2005, 02:16
Bernard Parmegiani - De Natura Sonorum
NWW - An Awkward Pause
Amon Duul II - Phallus Dei
Amon Duul I - Psychedelic Underground / Singvogel...
E.A.R. - Mesmerised
Stockhausen - Hymnen / Mycrophonie I & II
Cluster - Sowiesoso
Blectum from Blechdom - The Messy Jesse Fiesta
Univers Zero - Heresie
Coil - Almost everything they released (in the process of doing a compilation)

Gig: Matmos, Charlemagne Palestine, Ikue Mori/Zeena Parkins

...and loads of others I've forgotten about.
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Mar 21, 2005, 03:50
Current 93 - Soft Black Stars and All the Pretty Little Horses - if I like these can anyone recommend others?

Marissa Nadler - Saga and last years cd - still enjoying both but prefer the spacier feel of the first.

Julee Cruise - David Lynch type mellow wierdness well suited to driving the kids on Mulholland Drive in the Hollywood hills to a birthday party.
vince
vince
1628 posts

Mar 21, 2005, 04:19
Scott Walker: Tilt - As far as 'comebacks' go, they don't get any greater than this. Still thrilling. Best listened to on headphones, loud, in one sitting & then putting away agin for another year.

New Order: Waiting for the sirens call - I want to like this, i really do, but they make it so damn hard by being so......cack.

Bowie: Stage / David Live - Dunno if they're out in the UK yet but they are far superior to the previous issues (Bravo Mr Visconti!). Great remastering, additional tracks & fabulous artwork

John Cale & Terry Riley: Church Of Anthrax - Hot & cold on this. Interesting idea not executed that well. I'd like to see them get back together now to record a follow up, particularly as JC seems to have hit his stride again in recent years.
Grinningboy
Grinningboy
112 posts

Re: Soundtrack to our lives w/e 20/03/05
Mar 21, 2005, 09:30
Soundtrack Of Our Lives - Behind The Music: worrinyingly endorsed by Noel Gallagher, but acutally more like Sweden’s answer to Screaming Trees (circa Uncle Anesthesia).

Pink Floyd - Meddle: an old favourite of the wife’s, recently re-purchased having heard Low’s version of “Fearless”.

Hey Colossus - II: full length cd of motorik avant-metal. Ace.

UFO - Strangers In The Night (Expanded edition): big, brash hard rock, easily the match of Live And Dangerous. Justin Hawkins would shit himself if he could come up with anything to touch this.

Burning Spear - At Studio One: the recent Soul Jazz compilation, stirring grooves, with some earlier versions of songs he recorded for Island.

David Bowie: Hunky Dory, Aladdin Sane, Young Americans, Lodger & Scary Monsters: recently bought in a back-catalogue completion blitz. Young Americans is seriously underrated, Lodger suffers from the opposite problem. He really sounds like he was running out of steam in 79, with Scary Monsters following as an unexpected late surge before the gruesome decline of Let’s Dance, Tonight etc.
Gnomon
Gnomon
1121 posts

Mar 21, 2005, 12:40
Julee Cruise has resurfaced recently, lending her vocals to a track on the Handsome Boys Modeling School cd.
Gnomon
Gnomon
1121 posts

Mar 21, 2005, 12:41
I really like the new single 'Krafty'. First thing by New Order that I've bought in many a year!
Gnomon
Gnomon
1121 posts

Re: Soundtrack to our lives w/e 20/03/05
Mar 21, 2005, 12:42
'Scary Monsters' is one of my favourite Bowie albums.
Gnomon
Gnomon
1121 posts

Mar 21, 2005, 12:43
Githead - not much of a departure from Wire tho'. Would be interesting to see them live.
Gnomon
Gnomon
1121 posts

Mar 21, 2005, 12:45
Stensil Head send me some Cabs stuff up this week. Quite enjoyed re-awakening some fond memories!!!
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index