Unsung Punk

Pages: 19 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Unsung Punk
Oct 29, 2002, 21:22
most of the discharge stuf is on aq double cd from castle records. actually i think most of it is on 2 different double cd sets on the same label that i can't work out which is the better deal on.

anti-pasti went onto be the linkmen named after Link Wray. I saw the Linkmen at the Hope and Anchor when the singer spent half the show rolling around semi naked in the broken glass on the stage.
The name anti-pasti was taken from an item on an italian restauraunt menu. I think it means starters.
Well you gotta stand anti sumfink doncha?
Blitz i know the name ogf but not the music.

Were The Blood any good?
Stevo
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: The Blood? bit dodgy?
Oct 29, 2002, 22:15
hmm The Blood. Bit dodgy them I thought.
I've seen one clip and the music was kind of punk metal in a GBH/Motorhead stylee. Gary Bushell liked em I think.
The worrying thing is I know that various members have been inside for various nasty things and they do/did have a number of NF supporters amongst their fans. The reason I know that is cos it was my deep misfortune to meet a load of em in a pub and it was not nice. Dunno if this is anything to do with the band itself? Anyone know?
Howden
Howden
216 posts

Re: The Dugout
Oct 29, 2002, 22:29
Was a great club in Bristol. Numerous floors and dark alcoves, played really heavy dub, and if you could get your mate into the dj booth because he said he was Morrisey's brother, all your favourite records too! We had a wild dance where you had to stay balanced on one leg for as long as possible; I think I managed two records once!
Son Of Alice
41 posts

Re: Hanoi cd's
Oct 30, 2002, 00:30
Thanks. I probably just haven't been looking in the right places.

Have you heard any of Monroe's post-Hanoi work other than what I mentioned before? If you have, is it worth tracking down or just a waste?
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Oct 30, 2002, 00:57
Conflict
Crass
Peter and the TestTube Babies
Action Pact
Uk Subs
Uk DK
Dead Kennedys
The Damned
Anti-nowhere-league
PIL
NOTD
Serotonin
175 posts

Oct 30, 2002, 12:50
the New York Dolls, I reckon.
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Edited May 25, 2009, 11:04
Oct 30, 2002, 13:37
i forgot ,
The Sub-Hum-Ans
notd
marvel63
marvel63
146 posts

Oct 30, 2002, 22:41
Desperate Bicycles, Metal Urbain, The Homosexuals and Teengenerate!
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Oct 30, 2002, 23:27
Foil
Current Peel band, Reviver Gene will be a jukebox classic.

Lummox
A young Glasgow/Edinburgh punk band probably on the go if the money was decent or the cause was good. Excellent name for an excellent band. No recordings.

Abort The System.

A lovely Livi punk band. They folded in the eighties after their extensive stencil campaign lost out to ATS the tyre companys marketing budget when ATS opened a local branch. No recordings anyones admitting to.
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2611 posts

Oct 30, 2002, 23:39
Stevo, the Discharge set to get is 'Free Speech For The Dumb' which includes their entire released output up to State Violence State Control, in other words all of the Realities Of War, Fight Back, Decontrol, Why and Never Again EPs and the whole Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing album. The other set you mention only has singles and isn't as good value.

Mind you, the original vinyls sound better.
Pages: 19 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index