Unsung Punk

Pages: 19 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
elegant chaos
elegant chaos
2390 posts

Re: Hurrah for the Maps
Oct 29, 2002, 13:51
I'm currently in two bands with one of the Maps, Jowe Head. He plays bass in The Long Decline, and he now fromts a new band, Angel Racing Food. Both should have stuff out at the end of the year.

Which Swell Map is a Druid? As far as I know - it ain't Jowe!
elegant chaos
elegant chaos
2390 posts

Re: Did you know..
Oct 29, 2002, 13:52
John Lydon still is Ari Up's stepdad
Mr Dreadful
15 posts

Re: Unsung Punk
Oct 29, 2002, 15:04
Johnny Moped...bits of POP RIVETS....Mekons(if they truly are unsung)....
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Oct 29, 2002, 15:10
Hardly Unsung, but the Dead Kennedys are by far my fave punk band (indeed, they're the only punk music i still listen to these days... Digital Hardcore has replaced punk as my "inyerface angry cacophany" of choice).
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Oct 29, 2002, 15:37
Slightly off thread, but my favourite Spizz name was Athletico Spizz 80. Still makes me chuckle.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Re: oh yeah...
Oct 29, 2002, 19:26
Much the same was true of the crowds at Motorhead gigs in the early days (75-78), but I'm not throwing them in with punk. Even if Lemmy was probably younger than Charlie Harper.
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2611 posts

Oct 29, 2002, 19:28
The Art Attacks. 'I Am A Dalek', 'Neutron Bomb', 'Arabs In 'Arrads', 'Animal Bondage' and 'Frankenstein's Heartbeat' - all total classics;

Blitz. Premier division Oi. The 'All Out Attack' EP is mindless and masterful all at once. And it blisters like 'Raw Power';

Discharge. 'Fight Back'. 'Realities Of War', 'Decontrol', 'Why'...indeed, everything up to a(and not including) 'Grave New World' when they turned into bad metal. Possibly the most influential band of the last two and a half decades and never given credit as such;

Anti-Pasti. For 'Four Sore Points' specifically.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Ker pLunk...
Oct 29, 2002, 20:31
Well like I originally said in my post that Nimbus seems to have skipped over...I didn't say Hanoi WERE punk, I said they had punk songs, and they did. As it could be argued did the mighty Motorhead.

Still rock n roll to me though :^)
marvel63
marvel63
146 posts

Re: Ker pLunk...
Oct 29, 2002, 21:09
As Nimbus points out Aerosmith, Alice Cooper and Kiss all have "punk" songs but would not be included on a punk list. Whatever, if it rocks, turn it up!
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Oct 29, 2002, 21:17
did you know that art attacks was savage pencil/edwin pouncey's band.
i think i read that he'd actually had to be a mock dalek fror some instore ad campaign early on.

there was a compilation of art attacks stuff on overground records
plus the whole savage pencil story is in a forcedexposure which was pretty cool.

stevo
Pages: 19 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index