73 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2382 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives 17/01/2004
Jan 19, 2004, 16:56
GPO + Splinter Test - Thee Fractured Garden
Had this for agggeeeesss but never got around to listening to it, but glad i did, as it's fantastic. Acid come raga come electro come whatever, all with GPO's own brand of ' Death obsessed' industrial moaning (eee, there's nowt such grim as folk!)

Lux Interior - Purple Knif Show
This is a radio Show Lux did way back in 1984, and is muchly groovy. I guess it's a selection of tracks that influence(d) The Cramps, lots of grarge trash and B-Movie nonsense (theme from the Blob anyone ?). Anyway, it's a hoot, and gets spun loads, as it always puts a grin on my face.

Junior Senior - DDDon't Stop The Beat.
Bought this for my eldest, as she liked the Move Your feet track, and i gotta say , this is 39 minutes of joyous P-funk,disco,garage trash that is great fun. Fav' track is White Trash, which goes on to namedrop Joey Ramone, New York Dolls, etc inna punked up Surfin' Bird stylee (even nicks the Umma Nam Nam Umma Ohh...bit too) Who'd have thought those Germans could be so fun packed ?

Main - Motion Pool
This is great inna drone- dub-noise-reoitition kinda way. Rail is my fav' track, as it has the lushest cyclic bass riff , and 'stun' guitar interludes, yummy if yuur inna drift off and drone frame of mind. Kinda reminds me of HAST.Co's 'Psychedelische Musique too (but it guess they both sprouted from the same camp, so that would explain it).

Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out / Darts Of Love
Toytally enamoured with these singles, and looking forward muchly to seeing em' on the NME tour (also Rapture and Von Bondies...could be a good gig after all). WOW, what a great vid' to Take Me Out too.

Also been compiling some MD's for a friend, so have had lot's of random CD's floating around for odd tracks, and to name a few.. Original Rockers, Liars, The Heads, Ladytron, Specials, Trashmen, Dreadzone, Faust, Can, Neu!, Tim'Love'Lee, Appliance, Oneida, Pop Group, Boredoms etc ....could go on for hours, but it'd be boring.

Have A Good Week.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index