Soundtracks Of Our Lives 17/01/2004

73 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lugia
970 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives 17/01/2004
Jan 18, 2004, 23:40
On this week:

60-CYCLE HUM: Lots of it. Goddamnit. Ruined a 53-minute PERFECT take of a piece for the next thing for one of the labels I'm on. Then spent days running around with an AM radio, trying to chase down where the hell it was coming from. Fuckingfuckingfucking...

But as far as real music goes...

COCTEAU TWINS: "Blue Bell Knoll". On the way in to the day job today. I still love this thing...it's nice, pretty, fluffy, but it keeps the mind engaged.

T-DREAM: "Force Majeure". Not their best, but not "Rockoon", either.

RADIOHEAD: "Kid A", "Amnesiac". For some reason I was in this really DOOOOOMY mood on the way home from temple this afternoon, so these were on during the drive, back to back.

MAIN: "Sound Pool". Got this via Amazon, used, a few weeks ago on a what-the-hell whim. Nice stuff...metal dub ambient drone some-sort-of-huh? Trippy stuff for night driving.

OVAL: "Systemisch". Because everyone should experience the sound of a damaged CD player, minus the damage, every once in a while.

JOHN COLTRANE: "Crescent". The 'prequel' to the monster "A Love Supreme", and a real unsung gem of 'Trane's modal mantra jam stuff. Might have to slap this thing up on here sometime.

That's the high points, I think...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index