73 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jonny fuego
22 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives 17/01/2004
Jan 19, 2004, 00:15
Hi Everybody
This eek I have had time with:

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds Sessions - quite enjoyed hearing how this was put together, been humming various trax off it all week.

Deacon Blue - When the world Knows your name - dug this out for the first time in years - much as I remembered it really, has a few moments, but locked in time and some really naff lyrics

Psychic TV - Force the Hand of Chance - now this has its moments - I've always liked track 2 side 1. Menacing.

Sun Ra - collection of singles from the late 60's - can't remember the title of the cd - put this on after reading the thread here - but although i can enjoy some of it, most is still just too much. I'll come back to it in a few years maybe

Maquiladora - what the day was dreaming - their best album, laid back acid campfire stuff. Haven't heard anymore about the album they were meant to be releasing with Makoto K

Adverts - BBC Sessions - I aways had a soft spot for this lot, liked the Red Sea LP. This puts together their Peel sessions. It has a few worthwhile versions but didn't really do it for me.

Chelsea - BBC Sessions - well they did support Throbbing Gristle one time so they can't be all bad... there's one classic Peel Session (I'm on fire/come on/no flowers / urban kids) that I played to death on tape when it was aired - it still sounds ok today (for a bunch of clash wannabees)

Van Dyke Parks - Song Cycle - I've had this 25 years. I still don't like it!

Sunburned Hand - Soft - nice slices of Man-ness culled from their US tour. New stuff off the UK/European tour should be out soon - Mr Maloney says it's hot

Hiroshi Nar - Mew Mew - this arrived unbidden from Japan for me this week - one track from '73 of The Man being very silly and impersonating a cartoon cat

Charlie manson - Lie...Clang Bang Bang went the big iron door
Goodnite
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index