73 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives 17/01/2004
Jan 19, 2004, 12:18
Amon Duul II – Phallus Dei
Someone (Shrimp?) mentioned this a while back, so I got it out again. I must admit I never really connected with this the first time around, but after 3 or 4 listens this weekend it is taking me over.

Faust – 70 Minutes, BBC Sessions
Listening to these constantly while walking around the mean streets of Balham this weekend.

Bob Dylan – Albert Hall, Before the Flood
More commuting music. I love the version of Desolation Row on the Albert Hall CD – really bitter and twisted. And I like the Band’s performance on Before the Flood. Brilliant stuff.

Miles Davis – Aghartha
This is still reverberating around my brain after a couple of weeks of much rotation. It’s been suiting my mood of late for some reason.

Lots of Soul and Ska/Reggae
Had a kind of Soul/Reggae thing this weekend. Wilson Pickett, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, Temptations, Supremes, Lee Perry, Don Drummond, Burning Spear, Trojan ska box set, Dr Alimantado etc etc etc.

Pere Ubu – box set
Been listening to the Data Panic era stuff a lot.

Kiosk – various bits
Been listening to this a lot this week after a bit of a break from it. Donald & co on fine form. The whole Squid family likes this lot.

Black Sabbath Story Vol 1 (DVD)
Xmas prezzy – highly entertaining films of Oz & co...bring on the platform booots and bad moustaches!

Noisemakers Third Ear
What can I say? LL’s programming on this is a real treat. If you haven’t heard it yet, get on over to Noiseweb fast!
http://www.noiseweb.co.uk

Peace and Noise!
Squid
x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index