Unsung Forum »
Krautrock must haves

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Sequencers Fest
Dec 20, 2003, 19:53
Records not in the KRS which I still find interesting are Moondawn and Mirage, even up to the time X was released.
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Re: Meditational Tools
Dec 20, 2003, 20:03
appreciate it, keep the zeitgeist!
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Gila Fuck
Dec 20, 2003, 20:07
I have never understood why everybody compares them to Pink Floyd (as they do with dom). I think the Freemans may be guilty of that since they were the first. Gila had formal connections with Dieter Dierks, Guru Guru and Popol Vuh. Originally called Gila Fuck, their concerts were closely monitored by the German secret police so a name change was inevitable. The second version of Gila was basically Popol Vuh circa Hosianna/Aguirre and Conny Veit and very mellow/folky. The other two albums are a different lineup and sound.
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Re: Gila Fuck
Dec 20, 2003, 21:46
I assume you have heard the Nightworks CD (the live recording of the original line up doing stuff for an unreleased 2nd album) it is very much in an Astromony Domine/Interstellar overdrive early Floyd vibe.
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Re: Gila Fuck
Dec 20, 2003, 23:15
I suppose your right there, Monkeyboy, it's much more early floyd than the first. I always fondly remember the semi-acoustic parts of the first one, there was my doubt.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

HH albums poll
Dec 21, 2003, 18:08
The HH top 500 albums poll (or top 200 or whatever) is being run here on the Unsung forum -- look for the thread titled "VOTE HERE", I just bumped it up to the top again. Instructions for voting are on that thread if you want to participate (unless more people vote I'll probably be closing it this week.)

PS - Unlimited Edition is another very underrated Can album . . . ;-)
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: MSG
Dec 21, 2003, 22:17
Ha ha!

I saw the subject line and thought it was gonna be about the Michael Schenker Group!
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Drone Doom stuff
Jun 01, 2005, 17:37
Interesting that you'd bring up drone doom stuff in a krautrock thread since I always thought that WArhorse's As Heaven Turns To Ash sounded like it could be another Guru Guru UFO if the drummer wasn't so intent on reminding the rest of the band that they were METAL.
Stevo
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: I left off Agitation Free.
Jun 01, 2005, 17:43
I rreally liked 2nd but it disappeared on me a couple of years back, went to look for it but just found my cd case empty. I guess that leaves mme free to buy the GoD version at some point, think its sposd to be better than the Spalax innit?
Stevo
Np Grateful Dead 14/5/74 GDTRFB
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Krautrock must haves
Mar 11, 2009, 10:07
Monganaut wrote:

Also the Tim 'Love' Lee album
'The Continuing Confessions of Tim 'Love' Lee, The Man Who's Been Everywhere But In Love' is sambatronic ambience at it's best. Heard this paying in a local record store and hung around for the whole record..i had to buy it there and then it totally blew me away with it's daft airport samples and general 'lushness' and daftness of concept.

Finally got round to getting this. Now it's not Krautrock, but it is very good. The words 'lush' and 'daft' are spot on. Kinda loungey, but despite the daftness, it seems sort of heartfelt, too. Great recommendation!
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index