Unsung Forum »
Krautrock must haves

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Agitation Free.
Dec 16, 2003, 16:38
I am keen on the first three albums, Last being a great compilation of two half-albums, the meditational B-side recorded in 74 being the best thing they ever made, the A-side dating from the time of 2nd. Not similar to Cliffs at all, I don't think so.

Those later records (Cliffs, Othersides and Fragments) are not essential though the jazzy-flavoured jams are more interesting than other bands who attempted the same thing.
Annexus Quam
926 posts

MSG
Dec 16, 2003, 16:40
Yep. I used to listen to that one much more often, it is fairly dated but OK if we consider the awfully shitloads of time-wasting hard rock bands in Germany at the time.
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Tarot
Dec 16, 2003, 16:44
How much were the reissues? Last time I saw a second hand copy of the original Tarot (with the cards) it was in Alchemy Records for around 25 dollars. The reissues a couple of years ago were sold for 10 bucks in Forced Exposure, a rip-off?
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Re: Tarot
Dec 16, 2003, 16:49
I got the second CD reissue (the other was £50, with cards). There has been mixed feelings about this album posted on here, some even slating it. I do love a lot of the album, am gonna explore it some more.
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Meditational Tools
Dec 16, 2003, 17:23
I think I'd never pay 50 quid for a record.

I'm an individualist - it works for me cos it's so impregnated with myself when I hear it. I use records as meditational tools often during outdoor exploration. I never play music while at work or washing the dishes. They sort of play themselves when they need to be played. It's like, say, visiting Callanish after being sick in the car or while hearing your grandma babble on the mobile phone. Next time you approach it under different conditions and you love it.

And recommendations are always personal, although they help you get the 'idea' of where the record is coming from and where it fits in the rock universe.

I would definitely loathe it if I hated the German language!
Annexus Quam
926 posts

See Through Windows
Dec 16, 2003, 17:34
or if the Germans had killed my family during the war!

there is a need to rescue those records from their krautrock pigeonholing and hear them in context with the rest of rock'n'roll; as i said, mp3 them all in a computer or file them all according to their date of release and...see through windows
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Re: See Through Windows
Dec 16, 2003, 17:37
destroy the pigeonholes!
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Delay
Dec 16, 2003, 19:55
Can Delay will probably also make the Top 100 on the HH favorite albums list . . .

So far it's the 3rd most mentioned Can album in our poll, after Tago Mago & Future Days.

:-)
keith a
9573 posts

Dec 17, 2003, 00:08
you're kidding. I hadn't noticed those mentions at all.

great news - i've always felt like i was the only person who rated it!!
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Dec 17, 2003, 00:11
It's their most garage sounding one. Love Little Star of Bethlehem, those spoken vocals with a slightly crazy matter of factness.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index