Favourite 60s garage comp tracks?

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: "Expo 2000"
Nov 13, 2003, 22:04
Ain't somebody gonna make a Kraftwerk joke here?
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Re: erm.....
Nov 13, 2003, 22:28
I always thought it was an adaption or play on words of the mighty Vuh!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Sick country nuggets
Nov 13, 2003, 22:30
I thought the place sucked when I was there.
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Nov 13, 2003, 22:58
Sorry didn't mean to cause brainpain..try..Leppo Joove(a Soft Boys ref)
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Sick country nuggets
Nov 14, 2003, 10:26
No. Berwick St, London. I always come out of it with a bag full of 50/60's compilations that just look interesting, and usually are.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Link Wray
Nov 14, 2003, 10:38
Ok, too many to mention them all. But, Missing Links Vol 3 - Some Kinda Nut (and the best of the four excellent albums in the series) features "Red Riding Hood And The Wolf" by Bunker Hill which is prossibly one of the most primal things I have ever heard. The vinyl distorts, the vocal mic distorts and you cannot make out any guitar on there at all. Wunnerful stuff.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Nov 17, 2003, 12:36
Tis indeed both an anagram (albeit a pretty obscure one) and a play on the woprds of the mighty Vuh. Started out calling myself Leppo Joove but decided just to use that one for Unsung reviews, then had another change of heart and realised that using two names is a pretentious, wanky, studenty type thing for people with too much time on their hands to do, so it would be PV from now on. It is, after all, both futile and dangerous to attempt to emulate the multiple-personality-disorder-addled musings of the late lamented Jigsaw/Wasgij/AvO9Lives/Cloth Ears/Aarfanaardvark.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Are you a boy or a girl
Nov 17, 2003, 18:32
It's by a band called the Barbarians, I think it was evben an lp title by them.
That's the same crew who had the track MOulty on the original Nuggets double lp. The thing about the drummer who lost his hand in a railroad accident or something.
Stevo
Np Hawkwind doremi Brainbox pollution
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Trash Box
Nov 17, 2003, 18:57
What the f was up with the TRash Box?
Seems like that guy from the Canibals took what was already in pretty lo-fi sound and roughed it up further, yanked the treble up or something.

Is that material available elsewhere in better sound?
I mean I bought the box cos its the first several volumes of Pebbles with other material interspersed in it on cd. Then I hear the sound ugh.
What were the Pebbles cds like?
Stevo
nP Steve Malkmus and the Jicks Sheets
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index