Unsung Forum »
Favourite 60s garage comp tracks?

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
1242 posts

(Instrumental) Punk As Fuck
Nov 13, 2003, 17:36
(No lyrics, but still snotty and insanely garagey:)

"Action On The Street" - Davie Allan & THe Arrows
"Cycle-Delic" -Davie Allan & The Arrows
"Skip To My Mary J' -The Poor
"Genocide" -Link Wray
"Under" -Cucumber
"City Jungle, Part 2" -The Beautiful Daze
"12 O'Clock, July" -The Mussies
"Flameout" -The 1001 Strings
"War Of The Worlds" -The Atlantics
"Fuzzy And Wild" -The Ventures

And so on...
Father Sky
Father Sky
323 posts

Re: Ah feel depressed ah feel so bad . . . .
Nov 13, 2003, 17:38
Re discussion question, yes that has confused me in the past as well. Always sounded like 'Aw little girl with the line out to the right now.'

But I guess that doesn't make any sense.

An old friend of mine once overheard me singing these lyrics and actually thought I sang 'Aww little girl I've got an erection' instead of 'psychotic reaction.' She gave me a very strange look.
Father Sky
Father Sky
323 posts

Re: Garage Punk As Fuck
Nov 13, 2003, 17:43
The only thing with this list is 'Magic Potion' by the Open Mind, which I never really got into. In fact, their album was quite a dissapointment given its reputation. Don't believe everything you read in Borderline Books! 'Five Day Week Straw People' isn't a lost psychedelic classic, it's terrible!

There is a fair amount of crap out there as well as good stuff. I've got something called 'The Best of British Psychedelia' - the only worthwhile song on it is 'My Friend Jack' by the Smoke. The rest are horrible.
Father Sky
Father Sky
323 posts

Re: (Instrumental) Punk As Fuck
Nov 13, 2003, 17:47
Only one of those I recognise is City Jungle part II, and the Davie Allan + Arrows stuff.
Where are the others from?

Can't think of any more decent intsrumentals right now...
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Re: Garage Punk As Fuck
Nov 13, 2003, 17:52
Kaliedoscope - Tangerine Dream is the least patchy British Psych record I heard, in fact it is amazing. Pussy - Pussy Plays is also great, tho much darker in a prog kind of a way. The July album has it's moments but one or two tracks are let downs.
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Nov 13, 2003, 17:52
Well, they ain't from the sixties but my instrumental is

Thee Milkshakes - Bo Diddlius

and I love the Mummies too!

x
Father Sky
Father Sky
323 posts

Nov 13, 2003, 17:55
Ah just thought of one - Expo 2000 by the Chocolate Watch Band - yeah 'No Way Out' is a top top top album! Mono and Stereo versions are quite different mixes as well.
The Seth Man
1242 posts

(Instrumental) Punk As Fuck sources
Nov 13, 2003, 18:01
Father Sky,

"Skip To My Mary J' -The Poor ("Angeldust": a vinyl biker soundtrack comp on Blast First...There's also several Davie Allan & The Arrows tracks on here, too like "Cycle-Delic" and "Ghost Story")

"Genocide" -Link Wray ("Live In '85/Growling Guitar "-Link Wray, Ace Records)

"Under" -Cucumber*
"City Jungle, Part 2" -The Beautiful Daze*
"12 O'Clock, July" -The Mussies*
"Flameout" -The 1001 Strings*

(*-From a near-perfect comp with a title so long I can never remember it, but I know it begins wityh: "Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Sixties Mind-Expansive Punkadelic..." on Arf! Arf!)

"War Of The Worlds" -The Atlantics
("The Complete CBS Recordings: Vol 2" -The Atlantics on Canetoad Records)

"Fuzzy And Wild" -The Ventures (From "Wild Things!" by The Ventures, but I think it's been comped someplace else)
Father Sky
Father Sky
323 posts

Re: (Instrumental) Punk As Fuck sources
Nov 13, 2003, 18:06
Thanks, I've seen the Arf Arf comp you mention, just never got round to buying it. There's just too much stuff out there! We could all drown in it!

Next on my hit-list is '30 seconds before the Calico Wall'
The Seth Man
1242 posts

"Expo 2000"
Nov 13, 2003, 18:07
Father Sky,

Right on...!!!

I love that track; a complete surf/psych/punk matrix there: but with Richie Podolor on guitar, that's a natch and a half!

"No Way Out" really is The Watchband's best album overall, methinks

And comne to think of it, their verison of 'Medication" beats out The Standells' with those smashed blocked vox of Don Bennett's. Whoa!
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index