Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 27/9/03

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Potatoland
Sep 29, 2003, 12:06
Ooooh! Are those recordings still available then - I had no idea. Do you know where I could get hold of 'em?

Thanks,
Squid
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: the darkness
Sep 29, 2003, 12:34
OK, they must not be as bad as I feared.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 27/9/03
Sep 29, 2003, 12:36
Maybe, but they're cool anyways.
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Re: the darkness a brief history...
Sep 29, 2003, 12:43
from me baby bro who gets pissed on a regular basis with their manager....

eh hum... are you all sitting comfortably...

The Darkness were normal sensible musicians and had been for many years... they were fed up with not being signed or getting a record deal, so one night they decided to go mad and sang their tracks in high pitched voices and wore spandex... one of those record bods was in the audience that night just by chance and signed them to do the Album... the rest is history as they say...

'Growing on me' is about genital warts.
'Holding my own' is about wanking...

Justin is lovely and is a happily married man with 2.4 children and a labrador.

If they make money doing this then thats fine by me!!

I think they are funny and can't wait to meet them in October (maybe I am a little biased!!)... Lord Lucan get that Spandex out boy and practise those star jumps!!

(Can't guarantee that any of the above is true but it came from the horses mouth via my bro!!)
stray
stray
2057 posts

Sep 29, 2003, 13:06
"(Can't guarantee that any of the above is true but it came from the horses mouth via my bro!!)"

If it is, I doff my cap. Respect.
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Personal shopper at your service
Sep 29, 2003, 13:22
There's one advertised at:

http://www.netsounds.com/nsus/1/metromusic/spirit%201984/3/1/50.html

for a very reasonable £8.80 (don't know how much they'd sting you for postage).

Apparently there's a US CD reissue of Potatoland on Chord has some more material from the original sessions as well but I've never managed to get my mitts on a copy. The additional titles are:

Salvation
Potatoland March - Midnight Train
Oil Slick - Million Years Information Suite
Mashed Potatoes
1984 Reprise
It's Time Now
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Sep 29, 2003, 13:27
No real reason not to be true....!! ;o)

I think they are pretty alright and shall let you know what they are really like after I see them in October. Imagine it will be tea and scones back stage as the rider!! :o)
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Personal shopper at your service
Sep 29, 2003, 13:34
many thanks CB - I'll check it out...
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Nursey Cryme
Sep 29, 2003, 14:56
Weird that you heard this album this week. Feeling spangled on Saturday morning after a night of caning it a friend of mine put this on assuring me I should give it a go. Couldn't get into it really. Tried working out why and realised two things. I prefer any prog I hear to have psychedelia dripping from its pores (prob why post-Meddle Floyd does fuck all for me), and I prefer repetition and basic playing to showy noodling. I won't be exploring early Genesis that's a for shit-sure relief to me. Hahahah!
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Nursery Cryme
Sep 29, 2003, 14:56
Weird that you heard this album this week. Feeling spangled on Saturday morning after a night of caning it a friend of mine put this on assuring me I should give it a go. Couldn't get into it really. Tried working out why and realised two things. I prefer any prog I hear to have psychedelia dripping from its pores (prob why post-Meddle Floyd does fuck all for me), and I prefer repetition and basic playing to showy noodling. I won't be exploring early Genesis that's a for shit-sure relief to me. Hahahah!
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index