Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 27/9/03

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Re: Venetian Snares
Sep 30, 2003, 15:57
I'm jealous. Heard his set he did on John Peel a few months ago - even louder and scarier than the records. Hoping that I might make it to a show with The Bug when I'm in Nottingham in a coupla weeks, but I've got to get back to Kent earky the next day so probably not. Damn..

Have a good one!
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 27/9/03
Sep 30, 2003, 16:01
I remember reading in Lords of Chaos (a book about the lovable church-burning, murdering-each-other-for-no-particular-reason black metal underground of Scandinavia) one of the scenesters describing Venom as not satanic, merely "base-minded, beer-drinking rabble". Someone confronted Cronos and Mantas with this in an interview and they responded "Oh, he must mean the drummer."

Venom rule!
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Sep 30, 2003, 16:14
Strangely enough. I missed the Bug the other week. It was a Sunday night in a club that really gets on my tits, and I'm not totally sold on the album I've heard. All reports were that it was amazing.
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

If you like Nursery Cryme...
Sep 30, 2003, 16:28
...it's my sad duty to tell you that you'll probably like most of their other albums up to the progtastic Moog Taurus laden, triple drum solo bearing double live LP Seconds Out. Selling England By The Pound would be my recommendation for a follow up. If you feel dirty, console yourself with the fact you can probably find them all for a quid each in your local second hand shop - just go in disguise ;-)
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: If you like Nursery Cryme...
Sep 30, 2003, 16:37
Like Cancer Boy says! :-)

I reckon Foxtrot is a good one to try after Nursery Cryme though...
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Sep 30, 2003, 16:42
Yeah, the album was a bit disappointing for me. Couple of great tracks, but a bit lacklustre. All the 7 inchers on Razor X though are fucking great and I think to hear that live would be amazing.
Can't do discs but I could tape you a load of that sorta thing if you want...
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Re: Squarepusher
Sep 30, 2003, 17:53
Ha ha, I'm with you on the Jazz Fusion thang. The word Jazz is enough to make me run several miles in the opposite direction.
I think as far as Squarepusher goes though, it's just plain fucked up (though were not talking Merzbow here, though not far off)...seems his attitude is throw it in the mix, see what happens...it's all a bit hit and miss (the first track on Go Plastic is called My Red Hot Car, and is a bit D&B by numbers, so gets skipped over, as does track 2 TBH, but the rest is ace). Ooh, and he has a beard..does that make him Jazz??
Cheers to the rest for the recomendations, I'll have a butchers and see what i think.

Off to listen to me Wire mag' 2 CD freebie compilation thingy.

Have a goody.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 27/9/03
Sep 30, 2003, 18:22
I hear there's supposed to be an expanded version of Lords of Chaos coming out soon through Feral House, although I'm not sure what's up with that publisher currently...

Anyways one of the authors of that book got labeled a nazi because of it, which I personally think is unjust... Well maybe it's understandable since Michael Moynihan had himself published some politically incorrect books and has also formed the controv band Blood Axis. I have wrote to him a couple of times and he doesn't strike me as a nazi, but then I dunno...
Lascivia
Lascivia
422 posts

Re: Dance of the Lemmings.
Sep 30, 2003, 18:25
I think you're right. For some reason, I thought one of the tracks was an instrumental version of "Between the Eyes". I haven't been listening much to the bonus tracks either, if you couldn't tell.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Lick It Up with The Darkness!
Sep 30, 2003, 18:56
ahhh but you see the Darkness aint really 80's hair metal. They harken (darken?) back to more of a mid/late 70's Queen, Thin Lizzy, AC/DC, UFO, sorta thing. Bit more of a 'classic rock' sound than 80's hair metal. Think the first 3 Queen albums at their rockingest.
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index