Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Re: who will entertain your moron?
Apr 04, 2003, 11:34
Yee-hah!! Go get 'em boy!

I think my post-April Drudion blues have just lifted a bit. I've caught sight of the enemy again and I have jazz to thank.
jazz
13 posts

Re: language, language
Apr 04, 2003, 11:52
ho hum, 12 years since a student and still pumping out 6th form common room rhetoric - right on.

Read my postings again - I am against this war, not in principal but because of the damage it causes in so many spheres to a wholly doubtful end.

But let me ask you then - how sure would you need to be that Saddam had his finger on the trigger of a gun pointed directly between your eyes before you got of your fat arse and did something about it?
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Re: who will entertain your moron?
Apr 04, 2003, 12:31
“to answer you
no” I gather you mean ‘no, it is not justified’. ????

“it's a democracy - so when a government is voted in the elctorate do so in order that it governs.”
Even when public opinion’s against their actions? I thought democracy was exactly that! Or are we suggesting we are in a democracy but the actions of our governments right now are NOT democratic. In that case, aren’t they supposed to resign? Or at least listen to their people and act accordingly?

”Regards wishing American servicemen die in their sleep (a real possibility if that madman drops some mustard gas) is nothing but a fucking disgrace - shame on you.”
I didn’t say die in their sleep, did I? In fact, I would wish a far more painful death for them. Those people who laugh at dead people only deserve to die.

”How about answering my second question? you accept that pre emptive stikes may be necessary but don't tell me when - have you thought your anti war stance through”
Read again. I never said I accept pre emptive strikes as necessary. As a matter of fact, pre-emptive strikes ARE agression under a different name. And in this specific case there is no question that without a UN resolution, these strikes are merely an act of agression by the US and the UK governments. The rest has been put in the hands of generals who, in turn, send an army for killing. That’s about it. Is the rest of the population who isn’t a soldier or a politician supposed to nod in agreement?

”no I know nothing about military training, neither do you by the sound of it.”
Not my cup of tea to tell you the truth, there are far more interesting things to do in life. Still, in the course of my life I have met some really nice blokes in the Army and… many more really dubious characters too. I have always wondered what the hell they were doing there, in what’s supposed to be, a ‘killing profession’. And what’s more, why were they allowed to join in the first place? If it’s such a difficult profession, they shouldn’t allow but the most intelligent to join. If it’s just killing like an animal, then, yeah, I suppose you could give a kalashnikov to a drunken monkey as well.

”Regards taking photos of the corpses of Iraqi's as trophys - you have proof or just hearsay?”
I have more proof of it than you do of mustard gas.
It was a journalist’s report who’s spent a day or two with US marines and a cameraman at www.asahi.com. I trust this newspaper's reports as much as anyone else may trust, say, the CNN. At least it's not biased.

“I find it outrageous if true…”
Yes, at least we agree on that. So fucking outrageous that not only do I NOT support this war, but I have serious doubts about supporting any other wars led by psychologically-deranged people. What I also find disturbing is racism in the Army, thinking of the enemy as a sub-human species. Is that part of the training? I wonder how many terms for ‘Arab’ have already been invented in the course of this war?

”…but then I (and I suspect you)know nothing of the psychology of the battlefield.”
Heh, so you are suggesting it’s all *part of* the battlefield. That’s what I find pathetic. If a whole nation is put in charge of inept generals and soldiers then what have we become? It is a miserable thing to do to support a war BECAUSE the soldiers ARE there. What’s the point? They are doing their job, they’d go jump off a cliff if they were told to and we would still support them? So, in this case, not doing that and leaving a trail of destruction instead in a foreign country is supposed to be ‘acceptable’ . And at this precise moment, right after the suicide bombing, it gets pretty scary - now that they have the green light to shoot at any living thing they are basically killing civilians with impunity. We are still supposed to 'support' them.

Lots of people around the world have fought and lost their freedoms simply for refusing to join an army. This patriotic charade makes them and their efforts useless. If you’re going to kill for no reason, don’t do it in MY name, please.
RiotGibbon
1527 posts

Re: language, language
Apr 04, 2003, 12:40
heh

give it a rest ... do you still really think that Iraq has nothing else to worry about than pointing guns at the likes of us

80% of the country is dependent on aid, in some form or other.

Remember, just because someone with the surname "Bush" says something, doesn't mean it's true

and I've rather pert buttocks ...

cheers for the advice about getting up and doing something ... just off to the local mosque for Friday prayers. Highly recommended ... coming?

RG
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

*)% dependent on aid
Apr 04, 2003, 13:52
And still they aren't getting it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2915091.stm

Of course, they are only dependent on aid because of the sanctions.
Zastrozzi
Zastrozzi
144 posts

You know, for anti-war dudes...
Apr 04, 2003, 14:04
..there's a whole shitload of 'I wish them a painful death'/'I hope they rot in hell' etc flying around in here today...

C'mon people. We're better than that. That kind of thinking just harms the person doing it.
Joanna
Joanna
658 posts

Re: You know, for anti-war dudes...
Apr 04, 2003, 14:07
Agreed I wish noone was dying. But I also wish that people wouldn't act surprised when soldiers get killed. It's what they joined for. It's in the small print... If you want your son/husband to be safe, persuade him to take up another 'career'
grrr
grrr
182 posts

Apr 04, 2003, 14:08
well said Z!
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Apr 04, 2003, 14:09
War Lads Get A Hiding
"UK military forces may be making strides on the battlefield in Iraq, but it was a different story on the soccer pitch for 11 Royal Marines. The British soldiers suffered defeat on the dusty streets of Umm Khayyal, when they took on the local football team," reports the BBC.

Our brave lads were, it seems, beaten like a red-headed stepchild, going down 9-3 to the locals. "In truth," sighed Leading Airman Dave Husbands, "they thrashed us."

Next week: cheer as the Americans join in with the British soccer team, totally ignoring the referee, hospitalising nine of their own team-mates and blowing up the popcorn stand afterwards mistaking it for a chemical factory…
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Apr 04, 2003, 14:09
As I said earlier, I wish none of them dead. They have to survive to be tried for war crimes.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index