U-Know! Forum »
The EU: in or out?

31 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: The EU: in or out?
Jan 23, 2016, 09:30
That is interesting. Naturally the morning star is going to have a different take than you could read in most of the press. But I don't see that leaving the eu would make any difference to whether we were living in a capitalist pro-ttip nightmare - in fact surely our current overlords are more pro austerity etc than many other parts of europe. Except if we leave, we'll only have them deciding what happens. Like 'yeah ditch the human rights act' for example. Personally I like having the slim chance that "Europe" can dilute the worst ideas of the tories, that if you've got enough and varied people talking about things, a bit of sense will prevail. I know, call me naive. But I think it does now and again.
But we're never, ever, ever going to get any improvement in workers' rights in this country under the tories, look at their plans for stuffing the unions. How could isolating ourselves make things any better. I suppose the morning star is hoping for a sudden change of heart by the voters of this country. Much as I desperately wish for and believe in the chance of Labour getting back in and being more left wing and there being some hope in this country... well even if they do, it always swings back the other way and the tories get back in. And extracting ourselves from the eu is a pretty permanent deal.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index