31 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Feb 13, 2016, 12:03
Re: The EU: in or out?
Feb 13, 2016, 11:42
I suppose my bugbear with the EU is similar to those who have had a gut load of free flow capitalism, and the encroaching TTIP agreement (which not only includes the EU but the US as well.
Now to say 'ah well free flow capitalism is here to stay' is like saying 'sod any ideas from the left' and I do not want to do that, and yes, I am aware it is a fight and a half.
More here on TTIP.
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html
Oddly enough Benn falsely champions the EU connecting it to our rights to holiday pay yet that barely exists the US, and as the article highlights, the agreement means US will be a major player.
Now does this sound good?
**As a bi-lateral trade agreement, TTIP is about reducing the regulatory barriers to trade for big business, things like food safety law, environmental legislation, banking regulations and the sovereign powers of individual nations**
When it comes to 'profit' and 'deregulation' I can see the EU slowly shuffling the human rights act into the loft like the Victorians would some crazy old demented Uncle.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index