Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Jeremy Corbyn continues promoting Labour lies about SNP (BBC Andrew Marr Show 27 Sept 2015)

31 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Oct 01, 2015, 08:06
Re: Jeremy Corbyn continues promoting Labour lies about SNP (BBC Andrew Marr Show 27 Sept 2015)
Sep 30, 2015, 09:55
I am not following you.

What I am gathering is that English people who are in need of progressive leftist government can basically go fuck themselves because of where they were born, because of "Empire" and and also because 10.5m of us eligible to vote voted Tory and 27m didn't. Is that right? I only ask because I want to have this right rather than conflate this with all that stuff about British diet and depression and unfriendliness and selfishness etc etc and come to an unfair conclusion.

In any event that's a long way from The Internationale and international brotherhood.

As for most of the other countries you mention as a comparison are you saying that Scotland is being occupied by a foreign power, the English military are murdering your people and your culture and/or language and/or religion and/or free press are being suppressed? Have you been in need of a peace process and/or striven for an independent state in order to live safely? If not now then in living memory?

Catalonia is possibly a fair one to stand up next to Scotland but being significantly less than a century out of a civil war and less than half a century from a military dictatorship it is a lot easier for me to see where they are coming from.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index