Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Jeremy Corbyn continues promoting Labour lies about SNP (BBC Andrew Marr Show 27 Sept 2015)

31 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Re: Jeremy Corbyn continues promoting Labour lies about SNP (BBC Andrew Marr Show 27 Sept 2015)
Sep 29, 2015, 09:40
thispoison wrote:
http://wingsoverscotland.com/normal-service-resumed/#more-76026
IanB wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:
He claimed the SNP privatised Scotrail (privatised by the Tories), Calmac (its owned by the Scottish Govt.), he said the SNP were anti austerity (obviously didn't see party leaders debate), Labour agreeing to Tory fiscal policy if in power, no debate on Trident (he's supposed to be against Trident and on the side of peace :-( )

Now I have nothing to do with the SNP and don't vote for them but he should at least do his homework.

I watched the same programme and found his push back at the SNP pretty mild considering. I didn't hear him say anything about supporting the Tories on fiscal policy. I don't understand your point about the SNP and austerity. The no debate on Trident was a conference decision. He wanted one. Conference didn't. He has not abandoned it at all. He quite specifically said he hoped to be able to turn his colleagues around. If JC is making other shit up then I would be kind of disappointed but in the end it would just be goose/gander. I do hope Labour will do a deal with the Greens in certain constituencies. That would be progress.

So McDonnell's lies were "pretty mild considering"? Maybe from where you're sitting.

He said Labour were the only true anti-austerity party now. Another lie. So I imagine what Drew meant was "he said the SNP were NOT anti austerity". A simple typo.

I've lost all faith in these two - Corbyn & McDonnell - in the past couple days of bare-faced lying. It just may have been a good idea to seek consensus and alliance with like minded parties where you can - and you yourself mention the Greens, who played an excellent part in the pro-indepence campaign in Scotland last year - against the Tories and their austerity agenda. Y'know - the REAL enemy. But no, too small minded and hurting from their near-wipeout here in the General Election for that. And too "Tribal" - oh, yes. So fuck 'em. Labour clearly still do not have a clue about Scotland. Game on.

PS/
I know I've posted links to Wings Over Scotland articles before, but I really do recommend readers take a few minutes to read the one below, which explores the "basis" for McDonnell's Conference speech SNP howlers. You'll maybe begin to realise the depths of mendacity to which Scottish Labour will stoop in their efforts to try to discredit the SNP at any opportunity.:

http://wingsoverscotland.com/normal-service-resumed/#more-76026

WingsOverScotland is a good place as is pretty fair and tho pro independence can be quite neutral. When I'm at it have a look at the RedTory/Tory coalition figures for Stirling. Shameful :-(
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index