229 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Jeremy Corbyn
Sep 15, 2015, 09:18
Captain Starlet wrote:
What issue am I dodging? I've no problem with immigration, I do feel it should be spread equally throughout the country though and not put them all in one place. Where I live we have about 500 asylum seeker, Witney has 1. Not exactly spreading it equally is it?

Irrespective of our individual points of view the fact remains we have a national shortage of housing which is a major problem in itself without an influx of refugees/immigrants, but you'd have to be a pretty callous person to turn your back on them and I'm sure nobody here would take that point of view. But, where is the housing coming from if we can't afford it now and how will those already desperate for housing feel when they do find the means and the accommodation goes to said refugees and not to them. It's a tricky one isn't it and you're damned if you do or damned if you don't.
I agree with you 100% over the placement of them because I lived in Southampton for many years and like other areas of the country separate 'communities' became formed in the already poorer areas because of major influxes and slowed down the integrating process until a generation or two later. Spread out more this would not have happened IMO.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index