Jeremy Corbyn

229 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3064 posts

Re: It gets better
Aug 07, 2015, 03:21
I read before I posted that Watson has said he'd work with whoever was voted leader. Nonetheless I'm pleased that he appears to have the position in the bag as he and Corbyn seem to have opinions in common, not least concerning the Mid East's elephant in the room n-power and Palestine. Also he's shown he is a tough cookie having already weathered tabloid monstering. I don't know what there's left for the likes of Murdoch to throw at him. I will take your advice and gen up a bit on Stella nonetheless. As for Corbyn, I don't know if you've seen the cover of the latest Private Eye, a publication that I ceased to respect a while back. Is that the best dig they can do? Precious little about him inside either, on the basis of a quick squint in my Coop. I really, really hope he's done it....and don't forget that the votes that secured his leadership candidacy were cast but five minutes before polling closed. He j u s t crept in. Look where he is now.... Far from being solely a poster boy for the hard left I think he's awoken disaffected millions who may not have cast a vote for several GEs as well as those who have been too young to do so previously. He's kept it sincere and simple and remained unflappable, and I can't wait to see him at PMQ's dismissing Cameron with a pitying look as the latter tries to reel off those pathetic putdowns put into his mouth by his team of backroom scriptwriters which have so debased Wednesdays in recent times. And then there's the purging the party of any vestige of Blair, who he opined a couple of days ago should be put in the dock for war crimes..... Btw, thank you for the lucidity and obviously heartfelt enthusiasm of your contributions to this topic. Cheers.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index