229 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Re: Alastair Campbell ...
Aug 12, 2015, 14:48
stray wrote:
dhajjieboy wrote:

we are all responsible for our own actions.

Actually, no, that isn't true. From any rational, philosophical or metaphysical standpoint the actions available to any single individual are limited by a large number of variables. I'm sure, being that you're such an insightful and analytical individual, that you could list many of these. One of the main ones would be not being able to identify all possible actions available in any given circumstance, event or scenario. If an individual cannot identify all possible choices/actions it's quite harsh to apportion responsibility for the results of any choices/actions taken. More than harsh, it's reactionary and pretty much a bigoted and elitist stance really.

Also, due to the complexity of the issues (and the monumentally large number of variables that contribute to the situation Grufty is talking about) it's impossible to truly predict accurately any outcomes of any action taken. Counterproductive but well meaning action is, it seems, the increasing result of political/ideological actions these days after all. Maybe you should think about that.

Yes, I'm fucking with you, this is all just slightly advanced sophistry. But still sophistry, and therefore base.

We are responsible for our motivations, not necessarily our actions, or the results of our actions (see Spinoza and Foucault).

Everyone of your posts are edited.
Did you think better of your constant use of the word 'Cunt'?
You seem to dwell on the limitations.
I believe in surmounting the difficulties.
Through actual action.
Enjoy your sophistry.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index