229 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Re: Jeremy Corbyn
Aug 04, 2015, 19:59
IanB wrote:
[quote="Rhiannon"]even the guardian, which is rather disappointing.

All the opposition has left is the self-defeating capacity to dole out personal assaults. Worst of all is the complicity of the careerists within the party who cannot face the idea that it might be about ideas and being gutsy in opposition not quietly waiting your turn at holding the wheel of state without a shred of either. Corbyn can do the thing that sincere and charismatic leftists have always been able to do - get people out on the streets. Chris Leslie and Liz Kendall would probably have trouble getting their own families to march for them.

At 53 I have never ever known anything like this. I imagine this is a little like how the supporters of other populist parties have felt in recent years. It's brilliant.

Alan Johnson the latest given a platform in the Guardian to have a pop! All he can do apart from that is highlight past Labour successes e.g. child poverty etc under Blair. All very well but the recent Labour message has been that they overspent and they wouldn't be going back to those carefree days. He's supporting Cooper but there's not actually any current policies as far as I can see (other than slagging Corbyn naturally).

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/04/labour-must-end-the-madness-over-jeremy-corbyn-says-alan-johnson
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index