Register
U-Know! Forum »
Who are these so-called 'Rich' people?

26 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Re: Who are these so-called 'Rich' people?
Oct 13, 2010, 16:26
I work for a rich guy.

He works bloody hard, and he's built his business up from almost nothing to a point where he's taking a footballer's wages from it. He's got a bloody big house, and drives around in a sports car, and good luck to him.

But he's not got there just by hard work. He's got there by being a cunt too.

For example, one of his instructors, a guy called Alan decided to leave. He told Alan that he could keep the pupils he'd acquired if he paid £600. To keep the peace, Alan paid. But no sooner was he out of the door than my boss was phoning his pupils, telling them he'd assigned them a different instructor.

He's good at what he does, and is absolutely ruthless in his aims. Working for him has generally been beneficial to me, as he does provide the work I need. But he's not in anyway someone I'd describe as a friend.

This also gives the lie to the Adam Smithian idea that the marketplace is free, and benefits the honest and the just and the good.

I'm good at my job, but I can't compete against someone that's spending £100k a year on advertising.

I'm pissed off, not with him, but with a system that allows people like him to dominate the market so much that the only way you can earn enough to make a living is to give this guy who's already minted, over £100 a week for the privilege of working at all.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index