Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Who are these so-called 'Rich' people?

26 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wiggy
1696 posts

Re: Who are these so-called 'Rich' people?
Oct 13, 2010, 15:56
Well, I guess what I was trying to say, is that the things to be despised would be greed, unethical behaviour, and possibly a culture that encourages huge differentials in wealth.
Lets not forget that plenty of people work just as hard as those you seem to admire, and yet come away with nothing. If you turn life into a competition you will get plenty of losers for every winner.
I also think it's a little naive to suggest that employers are doing us all a favour first and foremost.
I've got nothing against people working hard to make a better life - my dad spent all his working life in the construction industry (bar a few years in the army and a few selling cars) - he and my mum sold everything they had so that they and some friends could buy a run down pub, turn into a profitable going concern, sell a few years later, buy some land and build themselves the nice house they always wanted. I don't think they screwed anyone on the way, and they weren't greedy.
Yep, it's hard to define "rich", "greed", and "ethical" but I think we can all have a good stab at it.
BTW - some of my favorite people were born with a silver spoon - I guess it's all about what you bring to humanity at the end of the day.
I don't hate the rich, but I'm not to keen on the system.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index