rightwing Dutch politician assassinated

55 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: bloody long reply part two
May 08, 2002, 16:45
Sorry, Boy of Cancer, but c’mon, we’re all prepared to applaud people who do things we wouldn’t. Should we do them ourselves if we support them, well yes, but not being prepared to shouldn’t remove your freedom to support someone else who does. I don’t know if I’d have been prepared to spend 26 years in a South African jail (I’d like to think I would have, but I don’t honestly know), so can’t I support Nelson Mandela?

>Yeah, and their threat to remove our liberty is a threat of violence!

Sorry, Merrick, but no its not. It’s a threat to remove your liberty. As you say, behind it is a threat to violence, but it is BEHIND it. Thus their violence is not at the FRONT. In capitalist society, the ruling-class ultimately rules by force, but in order for it to do so effectively and efficiently it must put up a façade which pretends to be peaceful democratic and law-abiding. And that façade is what is at the forefront, even if we, and many many others, can see behind it.

Franco’s Spain was a far far poorer country than Hitler’s Germany was and this is, I think, one of the main reasons why their state building was far less then Germany’s. Lets also not forget that it was a country in many ways isolated from much of the rest of the world due to its fascism. And what about Mussolini’s Italy? They certainly DID make massive investments in state provisions.

And I still don’t get why you say the BNP can easily prove they are not Nazi’s. Not from anything by them I’ve seen. And from your description of Nazism, they seem to fit right in.

As for the causes of the current wave of scapegoating, I’m absolutely with you there. As you have said (or at least implied) in your previous posts, capitalism is the main enemy, if only we could simply shoot that in the back of the head.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index