rightwing Dutch politician assassinated

55 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: rightwing Dutch politician assassinated
May 07, 2002, 16:53
>He was clear that he was not against Islam per se, but he was against certain aspects of Islamic culture

sorry, but that is overwhelmingly what racists & nazi's DO say today - "yes its all very well in there own country, but not in mine"

The press are using the fact that the guy was gay to make it sound surprising that he was a racist! What’s being gay got to do with anything? One of the most right wing and hate filled groups in the old South Africa was the Organisation of Lesbian & Gay Awareness. Sadly, suffering from one form of bigotry doesn’t necessarily make anyone more sympathetic to someone who is faced with another.

The man was a right-wing populist, fanatically anti-immigration and immigrants, against most state spending, anti-union, all for a mythical vision of what Holland used to be, perhaps more of an extreme right-winger like Berlusconi, than he is like Le Pen, but extremely nasty never the less, and not very far from almost definitive fascism. And as such he is as most probable bed-fellow for the real Nazi’s, as no other fucker would deal with him! (Tho of course they might well not have done so, due to his sexuality). I don’t understand how you can say he definitely WASN’T a nazi – that there is insufficient evidence, fair enough. But definitely not?? I don’t see how you can say that at all.

Have the police and the tories really killed more people than the Nazi’s? Of course they have. But is that violence there MAIN orgainising tool? No, it lies behinds everything they do, but it is not the MAIN weapon, and that is what makes fighting fascism different from fighting ‘ordinary’ politics.

I must say I’m not entirely sure that such tactics really apply to a borderline fascist like Fortuyn, tho I have a damned sight more sympathy with his killer than I would do for him or any of his friends and associates.

Also, you are of course right that we shouldn’t mix up the terms, but I think the ANL are actually very clear in not just calling any racist a fascist/nazi (I see no meaningful difference between those two terms). They clearly DON’T include even the most right-wing tory scumbags in such a class, nor did they include most of the old South American military dictatorships that a hell of a lot of people called fascist.

And finally, actually I would agree with Mr B, he did know what he was doing, and what he was risking. In the same way that I do when I go on anti-nazi demo’s/actions. Doing that makes you a target in a way that simply trying to live your life does not. Of course an attack by a BNP member on an ANL/AFA member is wrong, but I think its very different to such an attack on a black/gay guy who is attacked for simply being what they are.

Oh l,ordy this could go on forever!!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index