rightwing Dutch politician assassinated

55 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

bloody long reply part two
May 07, 2002, 21:49
Okay, next point….is violence the main threat used by the police? I don’t think it is actually. Clearly its always there in the background, and very frequently it is pushed to the foreground, and does become the main tool they use. But on a day-to-day basis what they mainly use is the threat of removal of liberty. If you were to tot up the percentage of time the police spent being actively violent in the pursuit of their aims, and the percentage of time fascists use similarly, I’d be fairly sure the fascists would come out on top. As it were.

As for the distinction between fascism and nazism, I’m kind of amazed at your argument. From what you wrote, nazi’s are just the same as fascists, but more so. So doesn’t that mean they are basically the same? There are no fundamental differences (as there are between right-wing tories and fascists), so I think we may as well call them by the same name. And I prefer to call these people ‘nazi’s’, because, yes it reminds people of Hitler, and the real face of fascism. It leaves no stone for the scum to hide under, and that’s a good thing.

And from your description of fascism, well its very vague (as of course it would have to be when you have to put it in a couple of sentences) and would include all sorts of regimes I would call right-wing, authoritarian, dictatorial, but not fascist (Pinochet’s Chile, Iraq, Saudi Arabia for example). I DO think its important to define such terms well, and not bandy them about to freely as it demeans them. But when you see a nazi you call them a fucking nazi.

>The BNP are not Nazis. Saying they are only makes the accuser look like Rick in the Young Ones calling any authority figure a fascist.

Uhh, come again? If you’re gonna say something like that at least try and justify it! Look at YOUR definitions (fascism = centralised, anti-democratic, nationalist, individual subservience to the state – nazism = the same but ‘far greater subservience & more dictatorial) and tell me why that doesn’t fit the BNP? Sorry, but it sounds like you’re rejecting the description of them as Nazi’s simply because its what the ANL call them.

Berlusconi/Fortuyn & fascism. From what I’ve read, neither of them, probably are out and out fascists. I do not believe in there supposed anti-statism tho. Again, fascist/nazi parties (not to mention Thatcher) used exactly such arguments before they took power – they were on the side of the little people supposedly don’t forget – its just that they were lying! Of course this doesn’t mean that Fortuyn/Berlusconi were necessarily lying, but it is worthy of note I think. Especially when you look at there allies. I gather Fortuyn didn’t really have any, as his organisation was to nascent to have made any real ones yet, but look at Berlusconi. He may not be a fascist, but a hell of a lot of his friends are. Which makes him incredibly suspect and untrustworthy on any issue where race is concerned.

Freedom of speech is another thing, but as I’ve just realised I’ve filled two pages of A4 with my ramblings so far…I think I’ll try and save it and use it as the start of a whole new thread instead.

peace, love & revolution
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index