U-Know! Forum »
The Jamie Oliver Swindle -

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: The Jamie Oliver Swindle -
Jan 31, 2008, 11:56
I think the people being conned are the ones buying preprepared food thinking it's tasty and good for you. I think Jamie Oliver's right to encourage people to make their own dinners rather than put money into the pockets of huge supermarkets.

I also can't understand why people think it's more expensive to eat healthily - what's more expensive, a bag of fresh vegetables or a bag of frozen dinners? Ok I know some very poor people on big housing estates may not be able to easily get to places where they can buy fresh vegetables.. but that's a different issue really. Making your own dinner from scratch is infinitely cheaper and healthier, and it doesn't have to be fancy or time consuming (I should know).

I think he's empowering people to look at the decisions they can make about their own lives. I think it's good.

Ok eat what you want and be happy. I eat chips and chocolate and curries and all sorts. But eating yourself into an early grave isn't really making you happy is it. And knowingly eating crap with christknowswhat in it put there for the benefit of supermarket profits is just daft.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Jan 31, 2008, 12:01
having said that I think the current media obsession with Fat People and how they're killing themselves (and how we Normal people might catch it! No! No!) is totally overblown and a lot of bullshit.
I'm reading a book at the moment that disputes the conclusions researchers took from a bit of research that's always being quoted by people who say Fat Is Bad - that actually being a bit overweight makes very little difference to how soon you die, and being underweight is worse for you (being really obese is another matter from being overweight)
and yes I agree with you Mole, it's just an excuse for the supermarkets (and gits like that Gillian poo=sniffing woman) to make money out of people's paranoia.
mole
210 posts

Jan 31, 2008, 12:41
Growing up in the sixtys a a child and the seventies as a young teenager We were poor.

Dressed on hand me downs and Jumle sales. Middle class twats would ironically look down at you but this niche has now become THE BOOT SALE.

Any way in the land that I came from Cars, Colour Tvs, and wall 2 wall Carprting were Luxarys. Credit Cards were for high power professional workers.

We had Coal fires and floorboards - treny must have in todays society

But we had big Gardens Hudge ones , With Chickens and Vegitable, fruit and herb patches. It was the "Good Life" - We ate well, not by choice but by necissity. There was no waste we were already green, waste became compost. Everything was repairable or recycled. Surpluss Sunday roast became Shepards pie.

The Councils idea was farm the land so we could eat in winter. Supermarkets were in there infancy.

Today and under the Thacther Goverment most of the Council houses have been sold. In turn the accompanying land has bee sold to errect rabbit hutches for desperate property owners.

In one Generation we have lost the knowedge. Jamie Blody Oliver is doing no more than my Mum and dad does. But today so callled Health living comes at a price.

Dont be suckered in. The powers that be create the poblem ( Nasty Food) in secret. They then offer the solution and the masses applaude and worship ant the feet of false gods.

Yesterday and thats only 30 or so years ago we knew how to be self sufficient. today we dont.

If the supermarkets have killed the village shops and have now intruded on luxuary items such as tvs and electrical goods. Even cloths and records.

What would you do if for some reason they closed , they are creating a dependancy. Without them and the knowledge you have lost you will DIE.

Jamie Oliver talks aboy heathy living but he still buys his ingredients from these coporate conglomerates.

We need to regain the lost Knowlege before we can even consider heathy eating.

We are on the Cusp of 2012 wen the forth age of man will dawn.

You can now slag me off, but these are only my thoughts and its you choice either to consider or reject. But remember ignorance is blind
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Jan 31, 2008, 13:05
mole wrote:

It's the year after 2011 and the year before 2013. Period.

I hope the disappointment doesn't do bad things to you, mole.
joudicca
joudicca
360 posts

Jan 31, 2008, 13:23
i hope you know how to start a fire, without mtaches, i hope you know how to gut an animal and joint it. i hope you know how to make water safe for drinking. i hope you know how to hunt and gather, cos there'll be no time for growing veg, staying in on place is dangerous man., and most of all i hope you know how to walk cos there'll be no petrol either.
come armageddon come.
mole
210 posts

Jan 31, 2008, 13:26
We will see, Only time will tell

Every 6500 years or so mankind evloves or moves to the next step. It not about disaster or the appoylapse. but the begining of a new age.

The cycle is compete after four phases have elapsed which in total last 26000 years which equates to the duration of the Earths processional cycle

You Life, two is sperated by 4 stages and four personalites each representing 18 years, given that you etd is 72 years.

But think about it Supermarkets (Wooden Horse) are creating a dependancy, Knowledge has ben lost and the only one benifiting from Jamie Oliver is Jamie Oliver.

Beware of False Prophets, the world around you is an illusion, created by those who wish to control you and control you they do. The Spiders "web" is growing and the "net" has been cast .

Beware of Greeks bearing Gifts
mole
210 posts

Jan 31, 2008, 13:27
joudicca wrote:
i hope you know how to start a fire, without mtaches, i hope you know how to gut an animal and joint it. i hope you know how to make water safe for drinking. i hope you know how to hunt and gather, cos there'll be no time for growing veg, staying in on place is dangerous man., and most of all i hope you know how to walk cos there'll be no petrol either.
come armageddon come.
mole
210 posts

Jan 31, 2008, 13:28
I do Actually

I was a boy Scout

I am a village boy, we were raised on such things
joudicca
joudicca
360 posts

Jan 31, 2008, 13:34
but time doesn't exist.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Jan 31, 2008, 13:49
You're right Mole. Maybe the world won't come to a sudden end in 2012 but I agree our lifestyle is going to hell in a handcart. And you're right, knowing how to survive and grow your own food was common knowledge a very short time ago. I've got a garden at last and I've got to start at square one (I feel a bit overwhelmed). I hate feeling so reliant on shops. They separate you from the reality of the source of your food so much. And yeah J.O. has major double standards criticising the system and then doing his rubbery faced adverts for sainsbury's. But watching that diet programme he did (with the mad German dissectionist) and his latest cooking programmes (with his gardening servants) - I don't really feel like he's promoting the supermarkets at all.
hmmm
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index