The Jamie Oliver Swindle -

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Re: The Jamie Oliver Swindle -
Jan 31, 2008, 15:23
should have spent more time in spelling and less time on growing veg!!!
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Edited Jan 31, 2008, 18:41
bEWARE of the chip on your working class Shoulder in this accidental world
Jan 31, 2008, 15:40
Prophet?
Jamie Oliver is a fecken T.V cOok & a good one at that!
Whats wrong with that?

He has also brought a lot of jobs to Cornwall which has been a great help to the working class kids down ere! He has also proved that you can feed school kids nourishing meals for the same price as the crappy junk food they normally get fed at school! He is a good man not a bad man.

Mole *you* are the snob. I also come from a working class background ... a place called *Thurso* the most Northern town in the uk & yes they are ard as fuck up there! My Mum & dad are old & skint & always have been, but I don't whine on about how the Middle class or higher class folk are selfish and eviL. No I take people for what they are not what their class is.

And as for 2012 ....don't make me laugh you fake hippy...2012 is just a fecken number from the Gregorian calendar...it means nothing! The only thing that means anything is this moment in time & I'm not even sure if that means much in the grand scale of things?

You or no one on this forUm *really* knows whats in store for us here on space station Earth... this *most probably* is an accidental happening and we are simply a fLuke!!! A crazy wicked one at that!

Our world does not look like it was created for any purpose; indeed, I believe we understand it best when we see it as an accidental world. As far as I can tell, our world is not the manifestation of any deep principle or moral, metaphysical, or theological.

This is indeed divine Disappointment !
& you are a pOor lost deluded motherfucker of the highest order!

(((enough already... gone fishing)))
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Jan 31, 2008, 16:06
The 2012 theory was first developed by the Mayans thousands of years ago, although the mayan calender has been thought to have predicted many an event it is by no means something to set you're watch by as no one can actually understand it. It was first highlighted by the likes of Erik Von Daaniken and more recently Graham Hancock in his tedious tome "Fingerprints of the Gods". Hancock is pretty much reknown for jumping ship when a theory becomes unpopular and has been known to debunk his own work, which he has done in some of this book!

Furthermore the process used to extract the information was based upon our gregorian calender! Until the calender is understood perfectly there's very little point in mentioning anything that the calender is thought to predict as it's only scaremongering and has nothing to do with any science, or belief!

Lastly, I read a book by Percy Seymour a few years back, examining the birth of Jesus. According to the astrological patterns at the time it would be impossible for him to be born on Dec 25th 1CE, as told in the bible. If the nativity story is held as fact then Jesus would have to have been born in Sept 7BCE as that would have been the only time the "star of Bethlehem" would have been visible. If this is the case then our calenders are incorrect by 7 years therefore making the current 2012 theory rubbish as the exact 2012 would have been in our 2005!!

Funnily enough, we're still here!
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jan 31, 2008, 19:58
There's a certain self-fulfilling prophetic power to an announced date, if enough people actually believe in it. But in the case of the Mayan calender, I don't think there's really enough people aware of it to make much of a splash in December 2012.

Remember the 'Harmonic Convergence'?

It was supposed to bring a new era of peace and wisdom?

Didn't seem to have much effect.
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Jan 31, 2008, 20:07
Don't really remember the Harmonic Convergence, Not sure if it was overly mentioned over here.

I think the 2012 thing is really overblown, the only probability is that the sun's magnetic poles will reverse. Not sure what effect this will have on the earth, but mankind has survived previous pole rotations and I can't see why this would be any different.

With the Mayan calender, which ends in 2012, makes sense to me that they measured their own time within the 26000 year sun rotation.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Feb 01, 2008, 05:04
The 'Harmonic Convergence' was an alignment of the planets back in the 80s. I guess quite a few hippy types thought it was going to transmit some kind of wonderful energy towards earth and make everything groovy.

I'm not going to come out and say that subtle, distant astronomical energies don't have some effect on us, but a million different 'signs' have come and gone and we're all still here, still beating each other over the heads and being stupid naked apes.

It's gonna take something a lot more drastic than a date of a stone slab to really affect history on this cosmic rock.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Feb 01, 2008, 07:41
Hey Mole, don't know where you grew up but you seem to be telling people things were better back then. Well, I was a poor village boy, earlier than you and I remember it was shit.

Brains on toast isn't very nice and not very good for you, but natural and cheap. Walking up the garden in the snow in the middle of the night to an outside loo isn't fun, especially if the brains have given you diarrhea.
mole
210 posts

Feb 01, 2008, 08:29
You lot really are up your own arses a times.

This section is supossed to be about free expression and disscusion.

Without the introduction of alternative points of veiw, you, I ,we, will never extend beyond our own state of conscieness

Yes my thoughts and views may be diffeent even and in your opinion even ludicrous.

But what gives you the right to call me names.

Yes I may me controversial, yes on purpose somtimes, I admit that and always have but never do I wage a personnel attack and call you names.

You lot in the main seem to retort to the child like state of mind and try to belittle and ridicule, because your belief system is so much better.

Just like Christian Missionarys who sourght and did destroy everything in there path. Even genocide

Now yes my views and thoughts may be outlandish and in your view ridiculous. But hey that’s no reason for a slagging when what you should be doing is exploring the possibility.

All new belief or political systems are at first a divergence form the mainstream and subject to persecution

You lot ostracise a lot of people,hence this site is populated buy a very tight community.

I don't know why I waste time and energy here.

The same post on alternative forums don't yeaild the same reation, to the contary the disscusion expands and grows in an intelllegent direction
nigelswift
8112 posts

Feb 01, 2008, 08:51
Wot?
My post did none of the things you say. It just expressed my own recollections of the good old days, which differ from yours.

How did it not conform to your opinion that
"Without the introduction of alternative points of veiw, you, I ,we, will never extend beyond our own state of conscieness"?

But now you've got me intrigued about your boyhood. Did YOU eat brains on toast and have an outside loo?
I did. But no longer, and I'm happy about that.

Et toi?
nigelswift
8112 posts

PS
Feb 01, 2008, 09:01
You said -
"The same post on alternative forums don't yeaild the same reation, to the contary the disscusion expands and grows in an intelllegent direction"

If you mean the Portal's Mysteries forum they mostly seem as mad as a box of frogs on there.

Is that terribly un-PC of me? Sorry, if so. My only defence is to suggest people go and look.
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index