Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Re: The Jamie Oliver Swindle -
Feb 01, 2008, 16:27
Vybik Jon wrote:
I think aqk's response was possibly more to do with the content in these posts than the original one:

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headtohead/u_know/topic/45856/threaded/573097

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headtohead/u_know/topic/45856/threaded/573114

Yeah i've reviewed alot of his scrawl {Moles} that i've previously disregarded. Your right. My inner bullshit filter sometimes keeps me from getting the point! Thanks.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Feb 01, 2008, 16:31
Ayuh. Well, enough already, I say.. this thread's degenerated past the point of being relevant to anyone involved. Unless the point is to bash each other about.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Feb 01, 2008, 22:40
You think you 'ad it rough?

Rabbit 'utch? Rabbit 'utch?

We 'ad ter live in 'ole in't lake.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Feb 02, 2008, 12:00
mole wrote:

Today and under the Thacther Goverment most of the Council houses have been sold. In turn the accompanying land has bee sold to errect rabbit hutches for desperate property owners.

Well most of the 'council houses' are still standing but they're just not council houses anymore (now belonging to 'property owners'), and I think that is a disgrace. We can't revert it but we do need to call a halt there. When I was a kid we lived in a massive 4 bedroom shebang with a garden to die for but we had little money. Decent housing used to be for all. If anyone thinks the property revolution's been a good thing then as far as I'm concerned they must think Thatcher was right all along.

Alot of that 'land' you mention though was accrude from selling off school playing fields etc. Still no good. Shameful infact.

However Mole, it's ok not to like Jamie Oliver, but taking care of your diet is just a good idea, and zip all to do with him! It always has been, and we all know when we're getting it wrong.

I find things like Weight Watchers meals or any celeb endorsed slimming product a bit cynical. The food tends to be shit and full of sugar and nasty additives etc.

But all the good stuff in this world is just there and has nothing to do with marketing. OK some might try to 'coin it' a bit but ignore 'em if you choose. I watched one of his cooking shows and found his use of salt a bit disingenious (we don't like the stuff!). He does drizzle the oil a bit too much too!

x
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Feb 02, 2008, 12:17
I don't do salt, like the oil though!!

I'm not sure whether the selling of council houses to the people who live in them is a good thing or not. It has good and bad points. On the good side it does allow people to own their own homes that they can afford. I think councils offered a 70/30 mortgage or something like that. On the bad side the council has lost that home forever for future use, however, the council still owns 30% of the house unless the owners buy them out. I was looking into this a few years back.

Also don't forget there's a larger number of housing associations nowadays, and a percentage of new builds estates goes to housing associations, so infact there's probably more availability of homes these days.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Feb 02, 2008, 12:32
Arrrggh! Personal one this. We live in a rather small flat with a child, sometimes we get up or downstairs neighbours who could be either total bombscares or pleasant enough. We've had both extremes, right now however we are doing ok.
The total downside is that the rarer a housetype becomes, the more estate agents can ask for them. Think we're all moaning at that one. The counci owning 30% does nothing to ease the minds of the many thousands who are living in neglected, damp, overcrowded, badly lit (need I go on!) council properties that have in essence become a nusance to the councils who don't have the incentive to invest anything in the little properties they have left. Cowboy builders and shoddy double glazing firms are a reality for the council tennant that are left in this world. Oh and that basically sums up the housing associations as well. And getting a house from one of those is damn near impossible too.
Sorry, but it all jst reeks of sod everone else, I'm alright.

x
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Feb 02, 2008, 12:38
Here the housing assoc properties are mostly very good. I live in one, been here for 20 years!! I do agree though, it's pretty much impossible to get them to get a job done with someone who any good!! I've been waiting months for someone to come round and have a look at my bathroom.

Have you registered with them? Bear in mind that they prioritise who they think needs a property more!!
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Feb 02, 2008, 12:57
Feb 02, 2008, 12:44
Now wouldn't it be better if the council still had all those lovely houses they used to own? With their own proper tradesmen?
Thing is, I belieive that many bought into this without realising it'd turn out not as well as they expected. People went from a set rent that covered everything from leaky taps to the roof caving in to selling their soul to debt!
That's what Wimpy and the likes were invented for...the 'housebuying dream' (whatever that is...)

It was a falsehood , sold by an evil old boot whose funreal I've got my party tape made up for! What choons will you have?;-)

x
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Edited Feb 02, 2008, 12:54
Feb 02, 2008, 12:51
"Ding Dong the witch is dead" always does it for me!!
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Feb 02, 2008, 12:54
Hehe imagine the download hits that'll get!

x
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index