Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Palestinian report - khaled pt1
Apr 14, 2002, 18:35
khaled's statement on release from prison

Arrest and imprisonment

On the afternoon of Thursday 12th April, in Bethlehem, when I was working as a cameraman, I was filming the tanks attacking ambulances and people trying to deliver humanitarian aid. On eof the soldiers, called Menachem, shot 2 bullets at me, hitting my car about 10cm from my head. I was filming the bullets. When he realised I wasn’t shot, he raised his machine gun, told me to approach him slowly, to put my camera down, and to take off my flak jacket and hardhat. When I reached him he searched me and told me to take the film out of my camera and give it to him. He ripped it, and then he handcuffed me with plastic quikcuffs. He blindfolded me. Then he stood me against a wall for half an hour while he finished the action against the ambulances and people. Then they put me in a tank, after checking my id and press card. The tank went to many places, including the military base at Abu Ghneim, near Gilo settlement. Then he took me in the tank to Etzion, 10km away.

Etzion is not just a settlement. It is a new fascist prison. They built it quickly to collect and maltreat Palestinians. They choose special soldiers for it: surely they have psychological problems? Many are Druze and Russian soldiers. When you arrive they speak to you in their own way – first, when you enter blindfolded they trip you up, and laugh about it. When you try to stand they continue to laugh – because you can’t, your hands are tied. They kick you in the legs and body to make you stand. They ask you questions like "are you a man? You will be a woman soon!" as they kick you in the groin. Many soldiers stand around and laugh during this. At this moment, you know that your troubles have only started. They shout abuses at you, about your mother, your sister and your God.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index