Palestinian report

46 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: Palestinian report update
Apr 09, 2002, 17:38
I've been away from email for 5 days, so forgive the backlog of Sarah's reports presented here.

Again, I emphasise her requests for this stuff to be forwarded, and for people to get media and political people informed. The influence of politicians and mass media is making a perceptible positive difference in Palestine.

And I'd also point everyone towards the bit where shre says that the Independent Media Center is running up massive bills and needs cash. They don't take commercial sponsorship, it *all* comes from donations.

A couple of days ago a friend of my brother's complained that ITV's Queen Mam coverage was excessive and they should be covering Palestine more. He was told that they had to big up the Queen Mam to ensure maximum daytime advertising revenue for the day of her funeral.

Those of us who want our news dictated by importance rather than corporate commercials, and who favour justice and compassion over deference to obsolete institiutions, need to ensure we keep independent media channels open.

Donations can be made to Indymedia at http://jerusalem.indymedia.org . Scroll down to the bottom to see where to do. The page also has places we can bombard with emails, faxes, etc.

live your love,

Merrick xx
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index