Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: Palestinian report 17
Apr 09, 2002, 17:50
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 08:56:04

dear all,

g vanished out of the office this morning and has just called me to say that she's walking to beit sahour with a group of about 35 men who've just been released from israeli custody; they've been held for a week, and during that time have been beaten and tortured. a horrible fact which doesn't surprise me but is so hideous in the confirmations. one of them estimates that there are at least 1,000 being held in the presidential palace - a shockingly large number; we knew of hundreds but not that many. there is speculation that today will see more releases (though the curfew will not apparently be lifted so it's very dangerous for them to be outside).

weird phone calls this morning; one would hope that mossad, with all their funding and supposed expertise, could come up with some slightly more sophisticated attempts at agents provocateurs. either that or we just have an influx of nutters this morning. at least we haven't had a any rightist zionist psychos for a day or so screaming at us that they hope the idf get better aim with their tank shells...

a group of internationals have headed out to nablus to try and do what they can there, and cnn have been asking us about a 'leftist demo' (god they are so stupid and fossilised in their thinking and phraseology) at jenin. i hope it's true, anyway.

to those of you doing actions and demos and letter writing and press work and fundraising. you are all stars. if fundraising for imc isn't your thing, physicians for human rights have a big appeal out for funds to try and get medical aid into jenin and nablus, and god almighty do they need it.

it's beautiful out, if chillingly quiet, but even while the humans have to cower in their homes the bethlehem bird and cat life continues its soap opera convolutions...

sarah xxx

ps keep an eye on the jerusalem.indymedia.org website for updates, and hopefully soon for some mp3s of 'sounds from the imc office.'
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index