9/11 doc on bbc 2 last night

26 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: 9/11 doc on bbc 2 last night
Feb 20, 2007, 10:22
bigsul wrote:

"Here's what really happened on 9/11. A terrible crime was committed by a group of determined terrorists. Appalling mistakes were made both before and after the terrible crime. The terrible crime was capitalized upon. The world was shit before this terrible crime, and got steadily shittier afterwards. That's it! So please, please, stop pissing your pants about controlled demolitions and the like - you're wrong! And it's OK to be wrong. You can still distrust or even hate the government. But on this one? You're wrong. And continuing to bang on about it isn't heroic, it's embarrassing. The rest of the world isn't asleep, you're just daydreaming out loud" from Charlie Brookers Screen Burn in The Guardian on Saturday, (p)reviewing the 9/11 prog. I'm with him on this one.

Yes, me too Bigsul, sort of. I did learn something new in the way of all the genuine, terrible governmental errors that were made, but I don't believe in any conspiracy at all. It is IMO just a terrible, terrible thing that could have perhaps been avoided, and has even worse consequences to this day.
However, I for one had no idea there was such a fervorent 'conspiracy theory' network in the US (I thought it just consisted of a large internent community or something) and all we got there were the facts about it. It's good to be infomred if you want to have an opinion on something.
It's more wrong to avoid facts, however 'embarrassing' it is, so I don't know what Brooker's talking about there. It's as if he's saying his opinion should override that of others, and as a critic, that's not the approach.
Might be cheap telly, but then what telly isn't?
I'm more than a little convinced that the BBC won't make another doc for a while now (infact, there's been less than a handful I'm sure).
x
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index