9/11 doc on bbc 2 last night

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Feb 19, 2007, 16:24
9/11 doc on bbc 2 last night
Feb 19, 2007, 14:04
Turned out be a bit fantastical then fascinating, then down right scary.
On the fantastical side, some of the conspiracy theories went so far as to claim that the planes that crashed into the towers actually didn't crash at all, and that explosives were set off to coincide and each plane passanger was shipped off somewhere in order to silence them. Which was then fascinatng was that it transpires there was actually a third building that went down just behind the towers (we barely heard about this, but they did show film), which was then empty, but is considered by some conspiracy enthusiasts to be the place from which some detonators were set off. All this of course, so Bush had an excuse to attack, but there was no theory as to Blair's complicity.
Most scary of all and utterly indesputable is the fact that the CIA failed to alert the FBI when they ought to have about some information they had on two of those resonsible for the attacks (well they did, but 17 days later, by which time the two were off the radar). Some fighter planes too were sent off course also when they were alerted of what was then brewing.
I don't know how much of this is common knowledge by now, but it's the first time I've seen anything as thought provoking or informative as this on 9/11 probably since it happened.
Many were interviewed who completely debunked any notions of conspiracies (including a coroner at the scene), and on the other hand some one time US military personell remain steadfast in their belief of a conspiracy and that nothing totally adds up; going to great legnths to explain why.
Made for great, but dead uncomfortable viewing.
x
dee
1955 posts

Re: 9/11 doc on bbc 2 last night
Feb 19, 2007, 14:36
I dont think that they went into enough detail on some of the issues. It was obvious for me from the start that this was an effort to pacify the people and debunk the 911 Truth Movement...lets face it, if the US government were behind it, there is no way that this show could have been broadcast.....anarchy would ensue!! I'm still keeping an open mind, dat Bush is one evil fuck and I would not put it past him and his war men to have committed such an atrocity on his own people.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Feb 20, 2007, 01:10
Feb 20, 2007, 00:45
Briefly... http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2007/02/12/short-changed/

In depth... http://www.counterpunch.org/physic11282006.html
bigsul
bigsul
56 posts

Feb 20, 2007, 01:26
"Here's what really happened on 9/11. A terrible crime was committed by a group of determined terrorists. Appalling mistakes were made both before and after the terrible crime. The terrible crime was capitalized upon. The world was shit before this terrible crime, and got steadily shittier afterwards. That's it! So please, please, stop pissing your pants about controlled demolitions and the like - you're wrong! And it's OK to be wrong. You can still distrust or even hate the government. But on this one? You're wrong. And continuing to bang on about it isn't heroic, it's embarrassing. The rest of the world isn't asleep, you're just daydreaming out loud" from Charlie Brookers Screen Burn in The Guardian on Saturday, (p)reviewing the 9/11 prog. I'm with him on this one.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Feb 20, 2007, 10:22
bigsul wrote:

"Here's what really happened on 9/11. A terrible crime was committed by a group of determined terrorists. Appalling mistakes were made both before and after the terrible crime. The terrible crime was capitalized upon. The world was shit before this terrible crime, and got steadily shittier afterwards. That's it! So please, please, stop pissing your pants about controlled demolitions and the like - you're wrong! And it's OK to be wrong. You can still distrust or even hate the government. But on this one? You're wrong. And continuing to bang on about it isn't heroic, it's embarrassing. The rest of the world isn't asleep, you're just daydreaming out loud" from Charlie Brookers Screen Burn in The Guardian on Saturday, (p)reviewing the 9/11 prog. I'm with him on this one.

Yes, me too Bigsul, sort of. I did learn something new in the way of all the genuine, terrible governmental errors that were made, but I don't believe in any conspiracy at all. It is IMO just a terrible, terrible thing that could have perhaps been avoided, and has even worse consequences to this day.
However, I for one had no idea there was such a fervorent 'conspiracy theory' network in the US (I thought it just consisted of a large internent community or something) and all we got there were the facts about it. It's good to be infomred if you want to have an opinion on something.
It's more wrong to avoid facts, however 'embarrassing' it is, so I don't know what Brooker's talking about there. It's as if he's saying his opinion should override that of others, and as a critic, that's not the approach.
Might be cheap telly, but then what telly isn't?
I'm more than a little convinced that the BBC won't make another doc for a while now (infact, there's been less than a handful I'm sure).
x
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Feb 20, 2007, 10:51
PMM wrote:

Yes, I found the Loose Change boys to be a bunch of (albeit clever) little rich boy shits who'd be better to do something more constructive with their time. There is an irony in the fact that it's safer for some to believe their government has betrayed them than to find them plain incompetent. Then the real fear kicks in. Still glad I saw the programme though.
I don't like Monbiot though, can't help it. He and others bang on about injustice and global take overs etc whilst reaping the rewards of multi million selling books (eh, how many trees?). OK maybe the paper's recyled but it's still a fuck of a lot of trees. Oh sorry, being flippant.
x
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Feb 20, 2007, 16:55
Did anyone tape it? I missed it due to living in Wales where the tv times are all mixed up to make way for reruns of Bill Oddie!
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Feb 20, 2007, 17:44
Bill Oddie??

Newport really is THE place to be, isn't it?
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Feb 20, 2007, 18:12
Not arf!!

They keep putting them on, my girlfriend keeps watching them!!
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Feb 20, 2007, 19:44
Hooray, well said.

I think I love you
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index