Register
U-Know! Forum »
what would you do?

15 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Cleira
Cleira
269 posts

Re: anyone else want to express an opinion??
Jan 08, 2007, 20:30
This is such a difficult area to comment on. I can only begin to imagine the stresses and strains, the extreme emotional turmoil and the sheer exhaustion that carers of such a child must go through. It must be completely overwhelming and my heart goes out to anyone who has to deal with this level care day after relentless day. I can empathise that any idea that may provide a partial solution to the problem of the burden of care has got to be worth considering in all seriousness. How can we judge what is best for the care of their child? However, our moral outlook inevitably sets off the alarm bells - this seems such an alarming and drastic thing to do to another human being, and yet far far worse things are inflicted upon dependant humans daily.

I suppose that I can only feel comfortable with this sort of thing if any decisions made come from a group of concerned and involved family memebrs and compassionate and understanding comminty members and medical 'experts'. Its too big a decision to rest on the shoulder of 2 people.

U-Know! Forum Index