U-Know! Forum »
what would you do?

15 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: what would you do?
Jan 08, 2007, 09:12
Hmm. Obviously I can't understand how emotionally and physically draining it must be to have to look after a child who is never going to progress mentally beyond 3 months. But I appreciate it must take a lot of strength. I can even understand (and slightly slightly approve) the idea that they want to keep her physically small, so they can look after her themselves. But to remove her breasts? That's just freaky. Ok mine inconvenience me when running for a bus but otherwise they're not a problem. Why would her parents have such a problem with her breasts that they want them removed? I don't get that at all.

As for the period thing, I find that totally spurious. They must have to deal with their daughter's nappies mustn't they. Dealing with a bit of blood once a month cannot be any worse than that. Maybe - just maybe - taking out her womb is not quite as freaky as removing her breast tissue though.

And, this girl can't even lift her head up - is she really going to be embarrassing her parents masturbating in public? And if she did, really, so what? Your partner deals with "some darkly comic moments" so why can't her parents?

Life is "just a bit tortuous" for everyone at times. I just think that if this society we have decided that people with a mental age of 3 months are worth keeping around, then the least we can do is treat the same respect we'd give anyone else. What they're doing almost seems worse than sticking a pillow over her face?? which is probably what would have happened quietly before we invented such surgery.

anyway I respect your point of view. It's a rare and complex situation of course and not as black and white as I might be seemingly making out.

U-Know! Forum Index