U-Know! Forum »
ID cards

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: ID cards
Feb 14, 2006, 16:12
Well I don't think you could help make these ID card any less Orwellian despite how harmless you seem to think they are...
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Feb 14, 2006, 16:29
>
> Why young asian male, or is that just playing
> on the racist police viewpoint?
>
Vybik could indeed be "playing on the racist police viewpoint". Or he could just be aware of the culture in which he lives.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/attackonlondon/story/0,16132,1550470,00.html
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Feb 14, 2006, 16:32
PS: Note the source of the figures published by The Guardian. Not some liberal lefty think-tank...

"People of Asian appearance were five times more likely to be stopped and searched than white people, according to the latest figures compiled by British Transport police. None of the stops have resulted in a terrorism charge, the force said."
jason lives
jason lives
177 posts

Feb 14, 2006, 16:34
Jon, your point on that is absolutley correct. Sorry for the slight sarcasm.

It's fairly easy for me, as I know a few policemen and like to think that they'd treat everyone the same whatever.
I know that's not always the case
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Feb 14, 2006, 16:43
'compiled by British Transport police'

All four of them!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Feb 14, 2006, 16:56
At least you admit that. Good intentions can be very dangerous when mistaken for reality...
jason lives
jason lives
177 posts

Feb 14, 2006, 17:01
I'm sure they can.

I still dont disaprove of ID cards, and wouldn't mind having one.
I still think that paid for through tax would make the available to all.
The only way they will work (even if only slightly) is if there is no valid reason for not having one.
embryonomore
embryonomore
853 posts

Feb 15, 2006, 11:49
Why do you think they are so keen on that?

I know exactly why it is.

It's because with all the data they can gather on each individual, they can isolate voices of dissent, track them, clone them, kidnap them, replace them and execute them.

You'll all laugh at me now, but give it 20 years and you'll be unable to laugh because you will be a clone and it's all because of that Noam Chomsky book you bought in 2011...
jason lives
jason lives
177 posts

Feb 15, 2006, 11:54
you're right, I am laughing at you now.
see you in 2011
embryonomore
embryonomore
853 posts

Feb 15, 2006, 11:56
I think a lot of people in Germany just before the war would have had no problem signing up to such a scheme.

I feel that in order to allow such a comprehensive database to exist you have to fully trust the holder of the database.

I have no reason to trust those who are trying to force the cards into place, and I have no understanding of why they appear so desperate to get them validated.

It reminds me of a quote Cope used on Floored Genius 3. Something about a willingness to dissobey your government being something that every citizen owes it's country.

By accepting the ID cards you are acknowleging allegiance to a government that has so far demonstrated contempt and no honour unto it's people.

That's my paranoid view on it anyway.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index