U-Know! Forum »
ID cards

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: ID cards
Feb 14, 2006, 13:14
Well £100 may not be a big issue to you but it is to lots of people in this country who wouldn't easily be able to find it (especially for their whole families). The reason why it isn't coming out of 'taxpayers money' is because it is going to be Hugely Expensive.
shamanic miner
184 posts

Feb 14, 2006, 13:27
Well that's fine, but five minutes ago you were saying "Think they should be free or a lot cheaper though" - which doesn't, as I was pointing out, make any sense.
shamanic miner
184 posts

Feb 14, 2006, 13:41
I personally think that there are a lot of people who will only really get this when they finally receive the letter telling them to turn up at 2 O'clock to be fingerprinted and scanned - or risk being arrested.
shamanic miner
184 posts

Feb 14, 2006, 13:42
And then it'll be too late.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Feb 14, 2006, 13:54
Inner City Birmingham, 10.00 pm, sometime in 2010.

A young Asian male, 19, going home, is stopped by the Police.

"Let me see your ID card."

"I don't have one, I couldn't afford it."

"I'm afraid you'll have to come with us."

This scene can easily be repeated in 1930's Germany setting, with only minor modifications to the details.
jason lives
jason lives
177 posts

Feb 14, 2006, 14:27
lol
jason lives
jason lives
177 posts

Feb 14, 2006, 14:36
Why young asian male, or is that just playing on the racist police viewpoin?
jason lives
jason lives
177 posts

Feb 14, 2006, 14:48
I think they should be cheaper to buy or, as i thought you were suggesting, paid for (or part paid for ) by tax etc.
That way the better of parts off society would be helping to fund it for the less better off parts, which can't be bad.
And would also help to avert the shock orwellian scenario played out further down in the thread
shamanic miner
184 posts

Feb 14, 2006, 15:31
I think they should be cheaper to buy or, as i thought you were suggesting, paid for (or part paid for ) by tax etc.
That way the better of parts off society would be helping to fund it for the less better off parts, which can't be bad.

Fair enough.

And would also help to avert the shock orwellian scenario played out further down in the thread.

Not sure what you mean here though. Do you mean people wouldn't risk being marginalised/criminalised because they can't afford a card?
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Feb 14, 2006, 15:37
I was just thinking of the terrorist-muslim-asian issue that is central to the ID card debate.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index