Better than Capitalism

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: Study
Sep 12, 2003, 16:54
"Right so you're an intellectual and part of the problem then ? Make your mind up ;) "

dont bother bitching, twas a joke, I get where yr coming from, tis ok.
morfe lux
301 posts

Sep 12, 2003, 16:57
"Get over this I'm better than you cos I dont know what the hell your talking about attitude, it takes all the weight away from your ideas."

That doesn;t even warrant a response, but here it is. I admitted that i don't know enough about politics to construct a 'valid' opinion, but in my defense i measure a system by it's effect on people, not it's ideology. I never ststed you didn't know what yopu were talking about, neaither did i suggest I was better than anyone, just by saying my naivete was a personal strength wasn't suggesting that anyone was weaker. Intellectualism is something I accuse myself of daily, just the fact that MTV makes me want to vomit chunks up, and I not-so-secretly loathe it, makes me an 'intellectual'.

I'd like to have a discussion without trying to get personal, you are a very angry and assumptive young man. Assuming makes an ass of you and me. Back of the classroom please :-p
morfe lux
301 posts

Sep 12, 2003, 17:01
YUou also seem to be arguing in favour of dumbness, that intellectuals are scum and untrustworthy.

Dumb is not the antonym of intellectual. Intellectuals aren't scum, neither are 'dumb' people.
morfe lux
301 posts

Sep 12, 2003, 17:01
YUou also seem to be arguing in favour of dumbness, that intellectuals are scum and untrustworthy.

Dumb is not the antonym of intellectual. Intellectuals aren't scum, neither are 'dumb' people.
morfe lux
301 posts

Sep 12, 2003, 17:03
Thanks Stray, wil check it out if our new library gets on it's feet soon.

As ever, I'm a wiser man than I was before talking to you ;-)
stray
stray
2057 posts

Sep 12, 2003, 17:08
angry ? yep, very, dont have a problem with being so at all. assumptive ? probably. Is 34 young though ? ;)
duckbreath
254 posts

Re: Better than Capitalism
Sep 14, 2003, 10:07
capitalism is superior to any forms of moral government because it has no moral or racial agenda - it is a benign force - it goes where the money goes and gives immigrants a chance to integrate economically - that is why communities coming to britain have made success stories because they are competing economically and are not subject in this respect to hidden prejudices

in this repect capitalism is a positive force and much better than a kind of ideological authority which is always when it come down to it only one persons prejudiced view.

no?
duckbreath
254 posts

Sep 14, 2003, 10:07
i mean that is why immigrants have sometimes been and have the chance to be...success stories - sorry
stray
stray
2057 posts

Sep 14, 2003, 11:39
Eh ? The success stories are very rare though, as a percentage. Traditionally the immigrant workforce is the most exploited in any capitalist economy. You should go to LA say and play 'try to find the mexican with a decent job'.
duckbreath
254 posts

Sep 14, 2003, 12:11
i agree its a small percentage but my point is that in a capitalist society people are free to make their lives better through trading and taking part in the economy of the country - trading produces a way in to society and allows you to make your life better - a pound has the same value no matter who owns it and it has a power that can be used. i'm not saying this means that capitalism is the perfect form but its better than a society where a person has no access to power because they don't fit in with the culture or ideology of the state

i think capitalism is a benign form of government superior to any examples of ideological or religious government we have seen so far - i just tried to think of and country or culture i'd rather live in and i honestly can't
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index