Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: HOW?
Sep 09, 2003, 22:22
Thought Police : 'YOU WILL RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MAN!' *whip* *whip*

Average Bloke : 'Fuck off, they dont deserve my respect, I don't know them'

Thought Police : 'We will educate you to be a better enviromentally aware person' *whip* *whip*

Average bloke : 'Do one, I'm an individual. I'm entitle to an alternative thought''

'Igor, fetch that old cattle prod from our evil meat eating days this one seems a bit more troublesome than the usal ones'
stray
stray
2057 posts

Sep 09, 2003, 22:24
Actually the no borders idea is a lot more likely to happen and less of a pipe dream than the other things you're suggesting.
morfe lux
301 posts

Re: Better than Capitalism
Sep 09, 2003, 22:31
"I don't think we'd be better off all going to back to using horses and living off the land in a groovy gaia friendly way."

What a load of kak, I'd be more impressed if we were moving round in hover-spheres. You missed the point. Harmony is not some groovy hippyshit, it's a fundamental necessity, it's THE big fuck-off thing, neglect of which leads us (as it has) into war,oppression, environmental catastrophe, sickness (both individual and familial/societal). How do we get there? By allowing ourselves to be exploited. The best exploitation is via schooling. The 'developed world's biggest school is capitalism. You either try to bomb the school or you change the school motto. I refuse to believe that we have to be led by the nose. Are you one of those people who thinks fair trade is a waste of time? Or that nothing is worth fighting for unless it topples the whole system overnight? And you call me a dreamer.... ;-)

Harmony is a word that has been usurped by advertising ;-) It sounds like hairspray or a crappy hippy thing, but it's actualy the very blood of diversity and life itself.
morfe lux
301 posts

Sep 09, 2003, 22:38
What a load of crap. Again you effectively remove my point to a land in your head that is full of etched scenarios and convolute it to fit. Let's take Fair trade: Yes, it's market led, because it is OUR decision as the buyer, to support better wages and farming methods. That to me is respect. But why is it a choice? It was pretty ok in relatively recent years to buy slaves, except for conscientious objectors. Why was it ever a choice? Don't you see? I say make book production non-polluting by LAW (the filtration system of paper mills etc) which is respectful AND common sense, you say I'm a book burning hippy.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Sep 09, 2003, 22:48
piss off, no I didnt. or don't

'kay. How do these laws come into being oh wise man on the hill ?
stray
stray
2057 posts

And why is it..
Sep 09, 2003, 22:52
you cunts think your so good at judging the internal workings of my mind ? Have you all just decided to project your own personality flaws onto me in order to work them out ?
stray
stray
2057 posts

In closing...
Sep 09, 2003, 23:05
The true utopia would be a global system that requires no laws at all. None. no police, govermental agencies, anything.

Either we evolve into this state or we don't. Whatever, it cannot be enforced.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

whoah!
Sep 09, 2003, 23:05
Calm down dudes!

Can't we all just get along?
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Evolve . . .
Sep 09, 2003, 23:07
The key word is "evolve."

History will unfold the way it will, whatever's moving the bus is bigger than any of us . . .
morfe lux
301 posts

Re: In closing...
Sep 09, 2003, 23:15
I'm not looking for a Utopia, just common sense.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index