U-Know! Forum »
Better than Capitalism

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe lux
301 posts

Re: In closing...
Sep 09, 2003, 23:15
I'm not looking for a Utopia, just common sense.
morfe lux
301 posts

arggh
Sep 09, 2003, 23:16
twice, apparently
morfe lux
301 posts

Re: And why is it..
Sep 09, 2003, 23:17
Don't let the bastards grind you down,quick, run for the fridge, no, the wardrobe...!

Stray, I was, like, dude, JOKING!

Who said that??? I'm a cunt tho ;-)
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: whoah!
Sep 09, 2003, 23:17
Nope. It seems whenever I challenge someones politic here they take it personally. Rather than carrying on a reasonable, and yeah possibly heated (nothing wrong with that), argument, they start attacking me personally (especially what they see as what is 'wrong' with me).

I understand that a persons politics are a huge part of someones makeup, so attacking or questioning them can be seen as a very personal attack. But it isn't. I'm not interested in high and mighty ideologies, I want to know the nuts and bolts that will make it happen. My point was, 'Who passes these lawas and who enforces them ?' In answering the question you'll highlight the confrontation that the change will require, and all the inherent ugliness the confrontation will lead to.

confrontation happens, its part of the process, I'm not averse to them, hell I enjoy them. I am averse to people who dont explain how they will cope with or accept those confrontations. People who imagine that huge and radical changes to the order of things can happen peacefully and gradually.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: arggh
Sep 09, 2003, 23:18
Christ. 0.o And the difference between Utopia and Common sense is ?
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: And why is it..
Sep 09, 2003, 23:19
Well keep the argument to the argument, and stop saying things like my mind is working wrong and not listening.
morfe lux
301 posts

Radical changes
Sep 09, 2003, 23:20
I'm not averse to discussing 'what' changes are needed, as you know, and neither do I know much at all. But why should I have to provide all the answers TODAY, in order to earn my ticket to bandy about a few ideas??
morfe lux
301 posts

The difference
Sep 09, 2003, 23:25
Nothing, they are both subjective? :-)

It makes sense not to destroy the planet though? I argue that that's pretty much common sense, don't shit in the bed you sleep in etc. It naturally extends to 'don't enslave your neighbour'... etc etc

I obviously have an issue with Law, it being too hard on cannabis use and too soft on global and local pollution and causes war.
morfe lux
301 posts

causes
Sep 09, 2003, 23:26
OF war. Gah. Enough for one day.

Another lesson in life; don't dare suggest anything!

As IF!

Watch out! :-)
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: Radical changes
Sep 09, 2003, 23:29
Cos you started it monkey boy ;P follow thru or shut it ;)

We're all cunts, but even cunts have to live examined lives and theories.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index